Search results

1. N

RSM 250 - about to purchase

click it! when i was deciding on the RSM250 I had credit card in one hand and my wife's reaction on the other. :cry1:
  2. N

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

5 dogs, a wife and 2 kids....
  3. N

Rsm 250 vs rsm 400

I'd like a 500 in my living room (Hong Kong), but living in an apartment with children I can't go wrong with the RSM250's closed hood. Maybe I'll upgrade to a 500 for my factory in china when the kit comes with LED lights, but getting fish/coral in china is a bummer.
  4. N

Should I buy a RSM 250?

I've had my RSM250 since september being a newbie to this hobby. good for look and easy maintenance. Ease of mind knowing I don't have to figure out anything, but top up water and clean the skimmer. Complicated for modifications further down the track. Tried installing LED lights, non RSM...
  5. N

Who has converted their RSM (130 or 250) to full LED?

LEDs should be using electronic ballast, thus switching between 110v and 240v should be built in. But yes, pls make it a switching power suppy, as Im in Hong Kong.
  6. N

wow! thanks for the detailed reply mate! Please tell if you have something in store for the RSM250 LED. you have PM
  7. N

BigAl07, are you releasing a retro fit for the RSM250? Im thinking of replacing the stock T5 with LED tubes. Will this effect growth on the corals? I need the stock hood in order to keep the kids out of the tank and keep the smell within the tank itself. Any suggestions what can be done...
  8. N

anemone ID and help

I've requested the service of another LFS and they will come over and monitor/ provide maintenance to the tank twice a month until I'm comfortable with doing it myself.
  9. N

anemone ID and help

soco and Grendelprime: noted! thanks for the advice.
  10. N

anemone ID and help

thanks for all the input. Yes the tank i very new. Less than a week. I guess I shouldn't be putting in the corals as of yet, but I can't bear seeing the tank so bare. The water was pre-mixed from the LFS, so they suggested 3 days was enough to add corals. The plate coral is now a bit better...
  11. N

anemone ID and help

Yes the first and 3rd pic is the same. So it's not an anemone? I tried feeding it fish food (pellets) yesterday. Didn't seem to work.
  12. N

anemone ID and help

My anemone has been "flat" for the past 20 hours or so. Is it dead? :eek:the fishes used to go crazy for it, but once I introduced another anemone(?) the fish has abandoned it. I use to have it on the Live rock, but moved it down to the sand bed. Would this be the cause? where should I put the...
  13. N

Newbie tank quetion

Just reached the hitchhikers section. Seems like the tentacle,e is a spoon worm, and th other a peanutvworm? Do I have to remove these two worms? Will they affect my tank?
  14. N

Newbie tank quetion

couldn't sleep. The tentacle thing is out again. It retracts when it sees bright light. the fork on the end tentacle Also found this worm, is it hazardous? pic of the tank. Very new right now. chiller and filter
  15. N

Newbie tank quetion

Thanks for the quick reply. It's 2:50 am here in hong kong now so will post pics tomorrow. Will look into the carbon filter product. So with 0.25ppm, do I have to change water ASAP?
  16. N

Newbie tank quetion

Hi all! New to saltwater fish keeping, actually new to fish keeping overall. I recently our purchased a RSM 250 and have a few questions. My phosphate level is 0.25ppm. I have clownfish and corals, polyps and anemone in the tank. Should the ppm level be 0ppm? I have read people with 1ppm...