Search results

1. V

I.D. this green looking thing

i was doing a water change and noticed something green down in a hole i pulled the rock up to see and well i dont know what it is can anyone id it and how do i get it gone
  2. V

flower pot wont open

i got a new flower pot about 5 weeks ago and it just dont want to open up some days it comes out alittle and then nothing i first tried placing on the bottom for a couple weeks then moved it up about half way in my tank for a couple weeks both had a good flow on it now about a week ago i moved...
  3. V

frogspawn dying

i have a frobspawn with about 60 heads on it and now about one a day is turning brown and dying off i have just moved two weeks ago so i dont know if that is the couse of it it is in a different spot then what it use to be in what is going on here sg 1.022 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 amonia 0 ph...
  4. V

lighting question

Will my lighting support SPS? I have a standard 55 gallon tank. Above it is 4 65 watt PCs 50/50 bulbs, also 2 48" VHO actinic bulbs.
  5. V

cherrycorals.com

I've been looking around at different sites for corals. Cherrycorals.com has some nice acans. Why are theres more vivid and colorful than other sites? Is it photoshopped? I found no reviews for the site and was wondering if anyone has had luck ordering from them. Thanks,
  6. V

how to dip

i keep reading about all these different dips iodine dip fw dip hot dip well nobody said how to i got ZOANTHID EATING NUDIBRANCH and need to get rid of them how would i go about doing that and saying do a freshwater dip then a iodine dip means nothing to me when i dont know how to do them
  7. V

some kind of slug

anyone know what this is there is three of them that just popped out
  8. V

ecotech pumps help

just got a ecotech pump about three weeks ago it has now stalled and all there online manual said was to check for debri and if it dont work to call them well they are closed any ideas
  9. V

lots of mushrooms

i sat down and counted over 250 mushrooms in my tank is there any way to get them off i have ben just taking rocks they are on and moving them waiting a few day and picking the ones that have moved to the sand if this is the only way then i patiance is the key
  10. V

Sabellastarte sp. giant feather duster

my giant feather duster left its tube and now i cant find it is this normal for them to do and why would it do that
  11. V

uv light

is running a uv steralizer worth it or not
  12. V

whats good and bad media

what is good media to use in a sump all i ever hear is use this dont use that just thought i would find out what others use
  13. V

vortech ecosmart good for a 55gal

is the vortech ecosmart MP10 ES work well in a 55gal tank the tank is 4 foot long
  14. V

nem is gone in power head now what

woke up to a noise coming from a propellor from the tank and well i take a look and just a little piece of my new nem was in it and well the rest of it well shredded and blowen into the tank and now the tank is white ish color what do i do it would of happend in the last two hours please help
  15. V

new here

just sayin what up to everyone im from south dakota and nobody around this area to turn to for advice when its needed ben keeping discus for awhile and thought id go to the next challenge so set up a 55g with 20g sump so far so good
  16. V

bruised lobophylia what do I do?

I just bought a lobophylia, it must have gotten bruised. One side is turning dark, is it gonna be ok? is there anything I can do?