Search results

1. P

What kind of protein should I get

Right now I'm working on a 75 gal tank with a 40 gal sump. I need to get a protein skimmer and I'm kinda stuck right now. I have only done smaller tanks and I'm not really sure what brand of protein skimmer i should be looking atfor a tank this size. What protein skimmers have worked for you?
  2. P

green algae

After a couple months of work I have my nitrates and phosphates down to zero for a while now. The algae is still sticking around. Do I need to scrub it all out to get rid of it or will it slowly go away. I picked most out by hand but the rest is still hanging around, no more is growing it's just...
  3. P

filter question

I was at the LFS ready to spend xmas money on a overflow and a sump. The guy there told my to get a Eheim Pro II filter instead, I didn't buy anything couldn't get a good answer why it was better than a sump filter. Any input on what setup would be best?Thanks
  4. P

Coral Question

My wife ran up to the LFS a few days ago to get some water for my tank. She came back with the water and a coral that she tought was neat. I have no idea what it is so haven't been able to research it. I find some that are close but not sure. It's yellow and brown and has fingers come up from...
  5. P

Is my Emperor 400 filter really junk

Everyone I talk to tells me my filter is trash and to do away with it but no one has any suggestions on what to do after I get rid of it. I have a 29 gal tank with 25 lbs. of live rock about 3 in of sand substrate. I was just wondering if I should get rid of it and if so any suggestions on what...
  6. P

New Here

Hello all I have a 29 gal marine tank with live rock. Just getting started still have a lot of work to go thought this site might help me out