Search results

1. kromebusa

90 gallon fully stocked setup with stand

Well, The time has come, I am definitely going to Okinawa and am only about a month out from leaving. I must sell my setup. I am located in El Paso, TX. Selling everything for $1500. Search my posts and you can see the creation of the stand. I really hate parting with the stand, but it...
  2. kromebusa

Okinawa

Anyone been there? I may be going for 3 years.....
  3. kromebusa

type of crab

any ideas on this guy? type of crab I am sure, but need info
  4. kromebusa

apastasia in my sump

I have read that apastasia, while annoying are great water cleaners. I have a rather large one that i am watching in my sump, was wondering what everyone thought/knew about doing this. It is on one rock right now so it would be easy to remove. I am thinking about putting some filters on the...
  5. kromebusa

turbo snails...alive or dead?

How do you tell? I ordered a bunch off line and everything else in the package was alive. I got 15 hermies, 10 black snails and 30 turbo snails. They have their little "foot" sticking out, but no movement for an hour.
  6. kromebusa

wavemakers

Ok, I have my MJ 1200's (4ea) and the wavemaker box, what is the best setup for flow?
  7. kromebusa

overflow

So I have a noob question. I have been messing with my overflow as you all know. As I try to increase water volume, I am constantly breaking and restarting siphon. I was reading about an air pump you put on top to contantly suck air through the "U" portion of the overflow. So I tried it just...
  8. kromebusa

Pics of my startup

so I loaded all my pics up to ofoto. Feel free to browse them starter tank-80 gallon
  9. kromebusa

coraline turns white?

So, I am noticing that most of the purple Coraline in my tank is turning white? Any ideas temp has been skyrocketing, i am at about 83, temp is rising here in sunny El Paso. Levels last night when I noticed were: Salinity- 1.025 Nitrate -.2ppm PH -8.6 Alk-getting a bit high...
  10. kromebusa

Flow through a sump

Ok, I have my tank and sump set up and plumbed. It is running and water is flowing. Even got my wife involved!!:thumbup: Big problem. :cry1: I bought the Danner mag12 because my HOB overflow is supposed to be rated at 1200gph. It is a single bulkhead, 1 1/2" line. If I turn on the valve...
  11. kromebusa

first sump

Ok, I have plummed my sump and got all my stuff ready for my closed loop system. Is there a checklist of "Oh ****s" that someone has compiled? I have read all the DIY stuff and tested in the garage, what else do I need to know/check prior to putting it in my living room. I know I need to put...
  12. kromebusa

Death of a tankmate

A moment of silence. I had purchased two percula clowns the other day, 2 weeks ago maybe. The next day, one was gone, couldn't find any trace. figured he passed from stress and the shrimp/crabs got him. So I am cleaning my tank today, and don't see my lil percy anywhere. My daughter is...
  13. kromebusa

PVC for flow?

Ok, I am putting my sump together, I am using 1" PVC out of the overflow into the sump. Water travels through and is pumped back up into my 80gal tank via a mag12. I went with 1" on the return also. I am bringing it up the back and using 90 degrees to form a U to hang over the tank. using a...
  14. kromebusa

what i put in my tank

Just wondering what everyone uses in their tank. I know it depends on what you are keeping in there. I plan on keeping a variety of life. I, of course will research prior to puting anemone and coral next to each :rolleyes: Right now I am using C-balance and Kent marine-phytoplex and micro...
  15. kromebusa

only thing dying in my tank

is this Favia coral. Not sure why, have moved it from partial light (wasn't doing too good) to full light at top (got worse) to the bottom of the tank (just did it yesterday).
  16. kromebusa

Featherdusters

Do they move? I know they are a worm, but, thought they were stationary. I put two of them in my tank last night, one purple, one greeen, one to each side of the tank in specific spots. Purple one is there, the green one is gone. Had it put in a crevice of a rock too. no strong current...
  17. kromebusa

ID please

I saw this in Travis' pics. I see that it is a LPS. Just wondering what kind and what is the care for it? I have one that is dying fast.
  18. kromebusa

substrate/setup question

Ok, I have been reading through the posts and polls about substrate, and seeing alot of people moving to bare bottoms. I need some advice, being new to this hobby, I have one friend that got me into this and he is somewhat new also. After reading alot of your posts though, I see alot of...
  19. kromebusa

return pump?

Looking for a return pump from my sump. has to travel about 48 inches. found this one...
  20. kromebusa

New tank stand

i took the leap and did my tank stand on Saturday. Went bought the wood at 0900 and started cutting at 1000 finished about 1900. My buddy Ski has a mini wood shop in his garage, complete with a wood planer. Decided to go with 4x4 posts, notched to receive 2x6 supports, then covered it in a...