Search results

1. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

I will entertain offers!
  2. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Well, another fish bit the dust yesterday. I now have 2 left. If they did not die from ich, I have no idea what it was from. The water is FINE.
  3. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

So far, no takers on the system, so as of right now I will hang on to it. I am running straight tap (well) water in it. I had taken out my sponges but that made the tank absolutely filthy. The polishing filter pad clogs up so quickly which then does not allow the water to flow through at all...
  4. jweisman54

Red Sea Max 250 for sale-new

So far no bites on the set up. I will have to keep it going and see what happens.
  5. jweisman54

Red Sea Max 250 for sale-new

If any of you have read some of my recent posts, you know that I am having many issues with maintaining this tank. I returned my RODI system yesterday as I cannot use it with my house water system which is well water. The pump in my water system NEVER turns off when the RODI was connected and...
  6. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

It really doesn't matter, I am not putting a booster pump on regardless. I can't afford to have my well pump burnt out because the water has to be run so much for any RODI system to work. I sent my rodi system back to spectrapure. I don't know what I am going to do now. I really have no...
  7. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

I found out that the RODI system that I bought which I am returning is not for use with someone who has well water. My pump in my well was constantly running and could have possibly burnt out. I needed a different ro unit which has its own pump included. Something which I cannot afford to...
  8. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Thanks for the advice guys! all the water parameters good except for low Ca and Mg and I am supplementing that daily. I have to get an easier Ca test kit. The one from Red Sea is just too difficult to use and no one around here carries the API, so I will have to order it on line. As far as...
  9. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Another fatality...............pj cardinal dead. That makes 4 fish that have now died. I wish someone would please tell me why they are dying with all parameters ok.
  10. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

I am getting so frustrated with this tank and am now thinking I undertook this without doing enough research. Between having to make RODI water weekly and topping off my tank daily, I am wondering if all of this is worth the effort.
  11. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Put the two bags of chem pure elite and purigen in where the carbon was. It seems to take up a whole lot less space and my tank actually looks less clear than it was. I also tested my ca again and it was low, I think the next water change will be with the H2 Ocean. The Red Sea salt doesn't...
  12. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

So, I went home for lunch and checked on the tank and there was my firemouth dead on the bottom. Checked all parameters. All seems fine. What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  13. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

I will take half of it out and save it for a later date. Also, is there an easier Calcium test kit out there other than the one that came with RSM?
  14. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

The purigen that I got was a 250 ml bottle which I put into a nylon stocking and then put into tank. Is that going to be too much for my tank? Should I remove half of it?
  15. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

I just received my chem pure elite and purigen and will replace the existing carbon packs with them tomorrow along with removing the 2 black sponges from the tank as well. No more diatoms present at all. Hopefully, the water change with the RO water will help to clear up the small amount of...
  16. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Re: Carbon replacement Is there enough room in that spot where the original carbon was. Also, when should I ditch the black sponge in the left hand compartment and the one where the heater is?
  17. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Carbon replacement My chemi pure elite and purigen have arrived. I will be replacing my carbon packs with them. Do I use both of these together as I have to add 2 packs of the chemi pure. Joyce
  18. jweisman54

Ians RSM 250 thread - better late than never.

Welcome Ian....beautiful tank, nice video's.
  19. jweisman54

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had 15 gallons of ro water in my 20 gallon container but clearly I had only about 12. Next water change, I am filling the entire bucket of 20 gallons and have extra just in case, LOL! I did add the 3 gallons slowly and the sal. is good, water temps good, I will keep checking things...
  20. jweisman54

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I did my first water change. Had 15 gallons of RO water mixed with the right amount of salt, right temp., mixed for 24 hours with pump in water. Removed exactly 15 gallons from tank....siphoned gallon by gallon and then measured the tank with a ruler so that the next time I will know where...