Search results

1. D

T5 led Upgrade for RSM250

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my T5 lights to LEDs. But I need some advice if possible. I've seen you can get T5 led tubes, but I'm not sure if they are bright enough? I've seen on this forum that you can get retro kits, but all these great kits are all over in the other side of the...
  2. D

Protein Skimmer Upgrade. RSM250

Happy New Year everyone!:olsmile: I am planning to change my protein skimmer in my RSM250 from the stock skimmer to a Deltec mce500. But.... I've been reading mixed reports from the forum about the Deltec mce500. Some threads I have seen say the mce500, Doesn't heat the tank up as...
  3. D

New skimmer for redsea max 250!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi There, Have you had any joy with the skimmer yet? It sounds great to have a skimmer that you wouldn't need to modify or worry about topping up the water level to run it correctly. David
  4. D

Lighting Advice

I've just got a load of leather corals. Davie
  5. D

Lighting Advice

Hello everyone, now that my tank is coming up to that time where the lights need replaced, has anyone got any suggestions on what lights to go for? Or am I better just to keep to RSM 250 lighting. Look forward to your thoughts. Dave
  6. D

Barrys Build - RSM 130D

re: Barrys Build - RSM 130D When I first got my 130 about 4 years ago I noticed the fans were noisy, I contacted Redsea and got new ones which were a wee bit quieter. But I ended up disconnecting one of them, and just running with the one hood fan. I didn't have any problems just running the...
  7. D

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Thanks for the information on the skimmer. Cheers Davie
  8. D

RSM 250 stock skimmer tips

Hey Kay, Great tip about the skimmer pump. I've just altered mine. Cheers Davie
  9. D

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Fantastic aquascaping! The tanks looking great. Any chance you could tell me the difference between your improved stock skimmer and the normal stock skimmer. I've just set up my 250 and I'm not sure which skimmer I have. Thanks Davie
  10. D

Tok's RSM 250

Hi Tok, I've been reading your thread about your possible whitespot problem. A few years ago my yellow tang got whitespot and I got recommended "Aquamedic Exodin". It's also very good for Oodinium. After 3 days of treating my reef tank there was a big difference in my tang. It was totally...
  11. D

Davieboys rsm250 photos

Well hope this works guys. Here's a link to photos of my tank. Pictures by Davieboy7 - Photobucket And thanks to everyone who helped me on my RSM250 PHOTOS help thread I posted. AND.... thanks to everyone who posted answers to all my questions before I set up the tank. I know...
  12. D

Rsm 250 photos help!

Thanks BigAl07 Ill give it a go. Davie
  13. D

Rsm 250 photos help!

Hello everyone, I've just set up the tank. At last! I need some help. I've tried to upload the photos from my desktop, but it keeps telling me the files is too large. When I reduce the size you can't make the photos out. Can anyone help? Davie "I'm not the brightest when it...
  14. D

Salty Question.

Thanks Aaron, I've ordered dd h2ocean pro+ and I'll give it a go. Davie
  15. D

Salty Question.

For the last 4 years I've been using Reef Crystal salt in my tank, but I've been reading a few threads which people have been using R.S. Coral Pro salt. Is it worth while changing my salt. I'm not sure about the Quality of the Coral Pro salt compared to Reef Crystals. Is it better or worse...
  16. D

D-D DC300 Chiller Query!

Thanks Kay, and to everyone else for the advice on this thread! I'm very grateful for the help. Once I get the tank set up I'll put up some pics. Oh and Happy Birthday Kay! Davie.
  17. D

D-D DC300 Chiller Query!

Thanks for that Kay! Something that I don't have to worry about now. My RSM 130 that I have at the moment makes a wee bit of noise, but nothing to loud! Any chance you could tell me what pump you use for your chiller. Thanks Davie
  18. D

D-D DC300 Chiller Query!

After reading loads of threads on the forum, alot of people seem to be running D-D DC300 Chillers on their RSM 250s. So I'm thinking that might be the one to go for. But can anyone tell me how loud they are? As when I get my RSM 250 it will be in my living room. Would I need earplugs...
  19. D

Rsm 130 owner, about to become a rsm 250 owner.

Yip! Little nagging things!
  20. D

Changing over to a RSM 250

Thanks everyone for your advice so far, it's been great! The RSM 130 I have at the moment runs about 25C and I've only had it go a wee bit higher for a few summer weeks of the year. So I think I'll put the chiller on the back burner since some of don't use one. A Big thanks! Davie