Search results

1. F

Clownfish Eggs

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/fernikid/image.jpg
  2. F

Clownfish Eggs

Is it possible that they ate them at night? I have an automatic feeder that feeds twice a day with garlic infused pellets. All my fish (especially the clowns) have thrived with this food. I suppose some mysis everyday won't hurt. Next batch I'll put the cylinder (control the worms) and will...
  3. F

Clownfish Eggs

Yes I am, and they're onyx-like so they're really nice
  4. F

Clownfish Eggs

So my True Perculas laid eggs yesterday for the first time. They picked the side of my Elegance coral as the spot. However, to my dismay, I woke up this morning and it was stripped clean. All the eggs were eaten. I have a sailfin Tang, Gold Rim Tang, 2 Deep Sea Anthias, a Christmas Wrasse, and 4...
  5. F

It's people like this that REALLY piss me off

He says he has live rock in a 4 foot sump and 2 skimmers. He has great filtration and stuff and it seems like he knows what hes doing when it comes to that aspect of an aquarium. He really needs to get a bigger tank or get rid of more than half of those fish.
  6. F

Yeah I saw that one too, that eel won't last there for more than a couple months at best. When kept in captivity they tend to not eat anymore. I really wanna see who this guys is.
  7. F

Where's the Tang/Trigger/Angel police?! lol
  8. F

Look at this video I just saw on Youtube. This is a crime... ridiculous. ‪mini reef tank with large clown trigger fish, Nikon D90 movie video 2‬‏ - YouTube
  9. F

what can i use to transport fish (no bags)

What I do is take some water from the display and fill 1/5 of the 5 gallon bucket and I put a battery powered air pump (super cheap) which is also good to use during acclimation if done in a 5 gallon bucket. My LFS is about 20 minutes from my house. I'm positive you can use this method for...
  10. F

White Starfish about 3/8" across

I recommend you read this whole article, both parts. It's very good and will surely help you solve your problem. These starfish eat zoanthids so be careful. Here's the link: ZOANTHID WARS PART I: THE ASTERINA CONSPIRACY | Reefs.com Best of Luck!
  11. F

Is it really worth it?!

Okay, thanks for all the replies! My tank is looking great right now and I was willing to change into this Pro Reef salt if it really made a difference. Have any of you guys used this salt before?
  12. F

Is it really worth it?!

I was informed that this salt mix is the best and closest to natural sea water that you can get. Not to mention that it's double the price of most other slat mixes. Has anyone switched to this salt mix from another brand and seen a substantial change in your aquarium? I use Living color salt...
  13. F

Reef Safe Amphipod Killer

Thanks for the link Lynn! What do you feed your fish? I also forgot to mention that i feed my 2 tangs dried green macro algae with garlic twice a day to keep them healthy. I really haven't seen anything else on the market to feed my fish so if there's anything you use that i don't and you...
  14. F

It's a 90 gallon with 2 inch sand bed. 30 gallon sump. You have a good point Chimpmunk, but I'm not saying the amphipods eat the zoas. I know they have toxins, but I think it's more than just a coincidence that some are looking a little weird. I've read several threads where they explain that...
  15. F

Yes I am, I have 2 deepwater anthias, 1 mandarin, 2 true percs, med sailfin tang, med goldrim tang, 5 chromis. I've had all these fish together for months and all of them eat like cows. I may be able to add one more fish, but that's it.
  16. F

Hmmm, interesting point there. I'll cleanup the places where not much flow gets too and see how the population reacts. Besides that, is there anything you know about the melanarous?
  17. F

You crack me up sasquatch lmao... i guess you are the brunt of all jokes
  18. F

I was ecstatic when I realized I had a lot but when I saw them all over my Zoas and making them look ugly I don't like them as much lol
  19. F

hahahaha, well i need the fish but he's also nice looking too. I have a 90 gallon and there's lots of pods, I know itll take a while to see the difference
  20. F

Okay, I'll try that. I'm probably going to get the melanarous this weekend. Does anyone have experiences with this fish?