what can i use to transport fish (no bags)

extremelubejko

i need to take my clownfish back to the store:\ but i dont have bags to carry them in what can i use? (bucket, zip lock, cooler)

AJK

Depending on size of fish and distance to travel. I've alway's used a 5 gal bucket with a plastic trash bag for large fish, Oscars, Dempsey etc.... For smaller fish, I used the same bags they came in from the LFS, I'm sure zip lock bags work fine. My LFS is approx 2 miles. Make sure you provide oxygen to bags, tank air pump.

ferni

What I do is take some water from the display and fill 1/5 of the 5 gallon bucket and I put a battery powered air pump (super cheap) which is also good to use during acclimation if done in a 5 gallon bucket. My LFS is about 20 minutes from my house. I'm positive you can use this method for several hours. If it's a really long drive you may want to use some Seachem Primer to remove Ammonia, Nitrates, etc. For a clownfish I'm sure 4 inches of water is more than enough for them. Don't use airstones either as they tend to lower the ph in the water.