Search results

1. tommyboynj

Reefkeeper Lite

RKL with temp and ph probe. Sl1 and net modules. $175 shipped. Payment via paypal. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  2. tommyboynj

PM Redline 175 Skimmer F/S

$200 shipped. Used but in perfect condition.
  3. tommyboynj

Sand Bed Maintenance

I'm trying to improve my husbandry skills. Been reading a lot regarding sand bed maintenance. I have about 1.5 inches of sand. When I dig down, I'm finding some larger ares where it appears to be solidified. Most of what I have been reading leads me to believe this id due to phosphate. I've also...
  4. tommyboynj

Biopellet journal

So I'm 4 weeks into the biopellet process. Before I started I noticed that there is a ton of info on line but most of it is along the lines of "they suck, my tank crashed" or "my tank has never looked better" I found very little or uptodate info on exactly how people had implemented them, tank...
  5. tommyboynj

Cuc

I know often I'm spending cash on reefcleaners. How many times a year do you re-up you tank with clean up crew. I'm curious as I seem to be call John every 3/4 months for some additional soldiers. Is this normal?
  6. tommyboynj

Homemade reef food

I know a lot of us do it and every has there own special recipe. If you make your own "mush", what do you put in it? For the past several months I've been working through my current batch which includes: Shrimp Scallops Mussels Clams Freeze dried phyto Nori Couple of squirts of...
  7. tommyboynj

T5 to AI SOL - Advice needed

So, after my t5 fixture pretty much bit it over the weekend I placed my order with brs for 2 ai sol super blues. I'm going to add them to the tank parallel to the front glass and will add another unit if the tank needs it. My tank is a standard 75. I've been running the current USA 6 bulk nova...
  8. tommyboynj

Fried Fixture... Arg.

Im in a slightly concerning situation. The bulk of my 6 bulb t5 just fried out over my 75 mixed reef. We had some power surge issues yesterday due to weather and I was doing yard work this am. When I came inside I said to myself " must be early,,, tanks lights are still out" well it wasn't...
  9. tommyboynj

QT Systems - What do you use

OK, I'll admit it. I havnt QTed a single fish that has entered my system. I have lost a few but not from disease. They have either jumped or fallen victim to my CBS! Iv been playing Russian roulette and my time is surly near. So with that said I not going to risk it anymore. I have too much time...
  10. tommyboynj

Tom's 120/150 gallon Upgrade

So.... We have had our current 75g mixed tank for about a year. My wife took some warming up but has become really fond of the tank. When we located the current set up, upgrades were not even on the cards. However, as time has gone by and my wife has become more involved in "tank life" we had be...
  11. tommyboynj

Lights out.... Who does it?

I recently turned my lights off for 3 days to knock back some HA. I'd been over feeding a little and seen a rise in po4 and No3. I'd did a nice big water change afterwards to combat any issues related to algae die off. My tank hasnt looked this good in months. Is anyone else doing this as part...
  12. tommyboynj

Flow

Heres a vid of my 75. Looking for opinions on flow. Right now I have 2 controlable koralias (3 & 4), 2 nano koralias and a mj 900 on the back wall. This is giving me about 35/40 times turnover. I'm really wanting o get rid of some of the addition pumps and up my flow. Based on my rock work do...
  13. tommyboynj

Wtb tunze nano wavebox.

Title says it all. Looking for one in good condition to complement my 75 mixed tank.
  14. tommyboynj

Bulb change advice

Several months after I started my tank I switch out the bulbs that came with my nova extreme and put some decent ATIs in the fixture. Over the past week or so I started to notice a little extra algae growth. All my parameter have remained stable. No3 at 0, po4 at 0.08. Looking at my log, the...
  15. tommyboynj

Fiji dive trip pictures

Cant claim credit for these myself. My mother-in-law is big into diving and just got back from her most recent trip. Here are a small selection of pics
  16. tommyboynj

Cautionary Tale

I would say that most who get into this hobby are aware of the dangers associated with the various animals we keep. I wear gloves when ever I'm sticking hands in the tank. What I think sometime gets forgotten is that other dangers lurk in places you least expect. Last night I went through my...
  17. tommyboynj

Zoa issue.

The first coral I added to my tank was a small zoa colony the size of a silver dollar. Over the past year it has spread amazingly well over the area the size of half a grapefruit. About a month Ago I notice a few polyps in the middle closed. This area has no spread to the aproximatly 30 polyps...
  18. tommyboynj

New Clam

Heres a pic of my most recent addition. Been in a few days.
  19. tommyboynj

Tank Cam Test

UPDATE: THANKS FOR TESTING. CAM IS GOING OFFLINE FOR NOW Can a few of you please run this link and let me know if it works. Im going away on vacation and have tank paranoia ;-) MyWebcam: Toms I used eyespyfx and have the app for my iPad. I need some test from outside my network as I will be...
  20. tommyboynj

Clams under T5s

Thinking about getting a derasa. My LFS just got some really nice ones in. Tank is 10 months old. Params are as follows and very stable: Sg 1.025 Ph 8.1 to 8.3 daily Calc 430 ppm Duh 9 Mag 1400 ppm No3 0 ppm Po4 0.08 ppm My lighting is a nova extreme pro 6 x 54w T5 with ATI bulbs (4...