Search results

1. G

Pumps for chiller

Hi, Winters nearly over here so Im going to hook up a Hailea HC300A to my RSM 250 but Im not sure about the pump for it. I want to put the pump in the same chamber as the secondary circulation pump but I dont know which ones will fit. Anyone else using the same chiller got any tips for me...
  2. G

Bta id

Hi, Anyone know what sort of BTA this is? Its got a sort of a green tinge to it and it has white specks all over it. Looks alomost like someone has flicked white paint all over it. I've been told that they split every three or 4 months but I only got it recently so cant confirm that.
  3. G

Replacing Filter Media

Hi, Just wondering if people have made changes to the standard filter media in their standard RSM250 sumps? Apart from adding new sumps etc. I was considering replacing one or both of the carbon packets for matrix bio media. Theres probably room for a third bag for carbon anyway. Another...
  4. G

Fine Polish Filter - RSM250

Hi, Does anyone actually use the fine polish filter part in the RSM250? Ive tried using mine a couple of hours at a time but it doesnt seem to do much over such a short period of time. If I leave it in for more than a few hours it slows the flow down so much that it drains the chamber...
  5. G

Blue LED's on the RSM 250

Hi, Do you all leave your blue LED's on all night? I assumed they were supposed to be left on because the timer just switches them on automatically when the main lights go off. However, I've noticed that some of my corals don't actually extend their feeding parts properly unless I turn the...
  6. G

Gav' RSM 250

Hi, Well its been a couple of months now and my tank obviously is still in its early days but Im enjoying planning the rest of the setup and shopping around for the right peices of coral. I think most of the really good coral gets exported so Ive been visitng as many shops as I can each...
  7. G

Hi

Hello RS Im from Sydney Australia just started my 2nd tank yesterday which is a RSM 250 my 1st is a tiny 34 litre which Ive had for about 18 months. Im still very new to the hobby and had no idea what I was doing when I got the small tank but Im enjoying it a lot. Looking forward to being...