Search results

1. unifi

Sick Fish

Thank you both for your time in giving me some potential answers. Unfortunately, the little guy didn't make it through the night. It came on very rapidly (2 days), and by the time I was able to recognize an issue I believe it was too late. Again thank you very much, hopefully having this...
  2. unifi

Thank you for the response Doni, I appreciate it.

Thank you for the response Doni, I appreciate it.
  3. unifi

Sick Fish

So I thought I had a fish ready to spawn, but as it turns out my fish is not going to spawn however, it is sick. The video I have taken shows the fish gilling rapidly and may have some sort of blockage. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I appreciate any info. Thank you...
  4. unifi

Hey Doni, I was hoping you might be able to help me out. I have a pair of ORA Naked Clowns, and...

Hey Doni, I was hoping you might be able to help me out. I have a pair of ORA Naked Clowns, and I believe one might be getting ready to spawn. I have uploaded a video to youtube showing how large it (I have no clue if it is going to spawn or even if it is female for that matter) has gotten. It...
  5. unifi

Thoughts, Prayers and Well Wishes needed for fellow reefer/friend

Get well buddy. I have a good personal friend that beat brain cancer. You've got a long long road ahead of you, but you have a lot of people pulling for you. Here's to a speedy recovery!!!
  6. unifi

Unifi's 46 Bowfront

Picked up a couple of new additions today at the local frag swap... Got some new Orange Eye Zoas (orange eyes, blue rings, green skirts) Also got some new Cat's Eye Zoas (green eyes, orange to red rings, brownish purple skirts) Also picked up some Blue Snowflake Anthelia, but they are still...
  7. unifi

RO System?

While I keep it on a furniture dolly, I have never tried wheeling it in and out for water changes and fill ups...I just use a couple of water cooler containers to top off, and I fill them and use a 15 gallon container they stay in to mix water for the water changes. I get about 30 gallons full...
  8. unifi

2-year plus, (734 day) Atlantic Staghorn Coral Growth, time-lapse video.

WOW!!! Really cool time lapse!!! That is a really nice sea fan you have there too...rare to see them that big in someones tank.
  9. unifi

RO System?

Hey hellchoi, glad to see you're jumping on board and getting an RO/DI unit. I have a couple of suggestions as well... I set up a nice reservoir at my house...I used a 35 gallon leg, an RO/DI fill kit (it will have the float valve, and the proper connections), and then I used a Mur-loc EZ faucet...
  10. unifi

Unifi's 46 Bowfront

Here are a few more photos...Some of the hydnophora, the melanarus wrasse, the blueberry gorgonian, and some frag shots...going to another frag swap tomorrow...pics to follow sorry for the hazy look...cell phone camera
  11. unifi

Unifi's 46 Bowfront

Time for an update... The clarkii decided to commit suicide one evening...I'll never understand why fish jump out of tanks, but then again, I suppose they always land back in water in the wild. Poor guy. The sebae decided to hide behind the LR that cover the back glass of the tank, never to...
  12. unifi

RO/DI quality/cost?

Any time Mantis...Just an FYI, you will at a very minimum need that Mur-Loc EZ Faucet adapter. That way you can leave it hooked up to the sink and just turn it on and off...Good Luck!!! Rumor has it that you need to use the "Brute" trash cans...something about the others leaching stuff into...
  13. unifi

Mangroves!

How long have you had the Mangroves? I used to keep a couple small ones in my refugium, and I never had a problem. Keep in mind that the first stage of cycling a tank is the ammonia spike. Though you did not list how old your tank is, I assume that it is more than a month old, but could still go...
  14. unifi

Seawater waterchange containers

There are many name brands that are acceptable...You need to look for this, "Resin complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulation 21 CFR 177.1520 (c) 3.1 and 3.2. ". I never thought to check a brewing supply store, but it makes total sense. I used tank-depot.com. This is a 35 gallon...
  15. unifi

RO/DI quality/cost?

Hey MantisMan, glad to see you're jumping on board and getting an RO/DI unit. I have a couple of suggestions as well... I set up a nice reservoir at my house...I used a 35 gallon leg, an RO/DI fill kit (it will have the float valve, and the proper connections), and then I used a Mur-loc EZ...
  16. unifi

KH in my tank

^^^ Absolutely correct. Calcium, KH, and Magnesium all work together, and two of any will cause the other to precipitate. Seachem Reef Builder will raise your KH. Good test kits are the way to go as well. API makes a great affordable KH test kit (you'll want to keep it around 12), and Salifert...
  17. unifi

green coraline algae? input please

The "swiss cheese" looking stuff in the top pic, and the stuff on the substrate in the middle pic make it look a lot like cyano bacteria. Not the end of the world, but can be a nuisance. You'll know immediately because if it is coraline, it will be hard and smooth...if it is cyano, it will be...
  18. unifi

Best marine food

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new instant ocean food that comes in the little gel packs??? They have been packaging it for free in their buckets of salt. One of my accounts has a few packs, so I grabbed one the other day. Says it doesn't have to be refrigerated, and it appears they have a...
  19. unifi

new RO filter questions

All you need to do is disregard the things you do not own...maybe this will help a little more.
  20. unifi

Setting Up A 75

It really doesn't matter what size of larger wrasse you were thinking about...6 or more 6" to 8" wrasses is WAY beyond the limit for a 75 gallon tank. It's too much for a 125 gallon tank. A good rule of thumb is 1" of fish for every ten gallons of tank size...some will say 1" per five gallons...