Search results

1. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Just some pictures to look at, a little "snowy" in some of the pictures A rare shot of my Starry Blenny Also another rare shot of my blood shrimp My first Acropora called screaming birds nest I think And the new King of the tank Everything is going well, the potters...
  2. bpoll

Purple Tang in RSM 250

Thanks every one for the quick reply. I jumped on the deal, I will monitor the fish in the upcoming weeks. I had a yellow tang for awhile but he was far to aggressive to new fish but otherwise was great, this will be the last one I add, so I am thinking aggression shouldn't be an issue, will...
  3. bpoll

Purple Tang in RSM 250

Hey all, I know I might get a lot of different responses but I want to ask what ya'll think of putting a purple tang in a RSM 250, I see plenty of other tangs in the tanks, but never a purple tang, I have an opportunity to pick one up for a steal of a price, pretty small in size too...
  4. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

does anybody have any good tips on treating fish with hole in the head, my Angelfish seems to be developing this, I was on vacation for two weeks and had a friend keep an eye on tank, doing top offs as needed and feeding every day. but when I came back the angelfish wasn't eating and has al of...
  5. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

So, thought I would share an update and post a FTS, The Potters Angel has adapted well to his life in captivity, he is now eating like a horse and always swims up to me when I approach the tank, which now has got all of my other fish doing the same :dance:. I am very happy with the progress of...
  6. bpoll

Sascha's RSM250

I had a lot of the same issues with my Kole Tang, it ultimately was ick, and got one of my other fish sick, I think I found it a little too late though, I now have a UV in my tank and have introduced new fish (a couple moths later) after my kole tang went to the big sea in the sky, I think the...
  7. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

alright, I got a little restless as the yellow tang was really picking on my new potters angel, so I couldn't wait until tomorrow to try the fish trap however I will be using in the future if need be, I wasn't going to lose another fish because of one I really didn't like to begin with, I...
  8. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Thanks Kay, I will be giving this a try tomorrow, i am going to keep my fingers crossed, all this yellow tang does is add stress to my tank and to me, lol
  9. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Thanks all, now another question... Is there any tips to catching a fish with out tearing apart my tank, the yellow tang I have is a big bully to every fish in my tank, and I have decided I want him out. Any tips would be much appreciated as always.
  10. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Hey Everyone, Its been about a month and a half since I have posted an update, the tank is doing very well, I have added just a few coral frags, and I have added a Starry Blenny about 2.5 weeks ago and is doing great. I just recently placed and order for a new Potter's Angelfish, should be...
  11. bpoll

Live Aquaria

Thanks for the feedback, I have placed my order today and should be here on Tuesday... I cant wait, I will be home for the arrival. I will post some pics on my thread
  12. bpoll

Live Aquaria

Just a quick question, Has anyone ordered fish from liveaquaria? I am very hesitant to order in fear of a fish showing up while I am at work and sitting outside?
  13. bpoll

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

Thanks Everyone, sure is a handful... my time is work, puppy, then fish tank, then repeat in no particular order, lol
  14. bpoll

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

Here is a pic of my Pup, Cody...
  15. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Hey Everyone, been about a week since I've done an update, and unfortunately, this is a sad one, I am sad to report that my yellow eye kole tang and my favorite fish the potters angel have succumbed to their disease last night. Everyone else seems happy and healthy. I am now going to sit back...
  16. bpoll

RSM Owners Nature/Wildlife Pictures, Etc.

An elk not to far from my cabin near Yellowstone, sure glad he didn't charge, lol...
  17. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

well, good news so far... Everyone in the tank is seeming happy and eating, My Kole tang still has the "white spots" but is now breathing and eating much better. I know I still have to keep a close eye on the tank. I am only dosing Vitamin C mixing with the food and adding to the tank, and...
  18. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Thanks everyone, the potters angel is awesome, just having a hard time getting him to eat prepared food, loves algae though... some other frustrating news. My kole tang and now the potters angel are showing signs of Ich...ugggh, I thought I was past this, its been 4 weeks since I took the...
  19. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Here are some pics of the new fish and a FTS FTS not the best picture but it has all of my LS New Potters Angelfish! :D Kole Yellow Eye Tang (The Yellow Tang and Him were fighting for a while, they seem to have relaxed a bit, he may have to go back to the LFS, he is an awesome fish...
  20. bpoll

Ben's Max 250

Thanks Glenn, I will be placing an order soon. Does anybody have any success keeping two tangs in their 250, I picked up a kole tang and I have a yellow tang, after doing some reading and talking to other reefers I was told since they are a different genus it shouldn't be a problem, the...