Search results

1. matthew11

Emergency!!!

My new 39W T5 Fluorescent Tubes - KorallenZucht arrived tonite and i installed them yet all the bulbs are just flashing randomly....now the fans on the hood has stopped working too! i went back to the original Red Sea Max tubes but they are flashing too! could it possibly b a connection...
  2. matthew11

T5 Lighting combinations...

Hey everyone, I need to upgrade my current Red Sea Max 250 lighting and was interested in trying something new. ive been researching a lot and have been wondering what lighting is sufficient for keeping my SPS corals? I could give you some colour combinations of what ive been looking at but its...
  3. matthew11

Which vortech pump for my RSM250

Hi Everyone, been looking at vortech for a while now and finally think its time to get one as the rsm pumps im finding are leaving dead spots in my tank which is making my cyano bacteria problem worse. Ive been looking at the vortech mp10 mainly because its half price of the mp40, and was...
  4. matthew11

Ammonia Spike! no idea why pls help!

Hello everyone, sorry havent been on in a while been at uni and working a fair bit but will come back to rs on holidays :) This is quite an emergency for those of you who dont know i have a rsm 250. about a week ago i had a cynobacteria problem. i decided to treat it with an antibiotic called...
  5. matthew11

Matts New RSM 250!!

hey guys, I finally got my new RSM 250!! :D cant wait to start setting everything up! needa get a few things organised first before i can start setting it all up cuz it was a surprise christmas present! :) very lucky haha. it looks alot bigger than my 130, cant wait to see wat it looks like...
  6. matthew11

Vortech MP10 noisy?

Hi guys, Just interested in knowing whether or not its worth it purchasing 1 or 2 of these pumps along with the RSM 250, does anyone know if they are noisier than the stock RSM 250 pumps? the RSM 250 is in my room and i sleep about 5 feet from from the tank :) The vortech pumps look like you...
  7. matthew11

starting a RSM 250 :D

Hello everyone! :D Been looking forward to this for a while now :D im looking at purchasing a new RSM 250 as my current RSM has corals which are getting far to big and look to good to be given away so i need to upgrade lol! im getting this thread going so you guys can help me cuz right now...
  8. matthew11

New to RS

Hey guys, Wow this forums enormous haha :D. heres a little bit about myself. Im 19 and Ive been keeping marines for about 3 years now in my RSM 130 (older edition). im looking forward to updating my tank soon to the new RSM 250 which is why i have come to reef sanctuary, its the only forum...