Search results

1. drachen

tunze 9002 help!

Just got my tunze 9002 in the mail, installed it into the back of my RSM and i cant get it to make bubbles at all. I took it apart and even shortened the air tube to make sure it was straighter. When i turn it on i hear a little gurgling and then it stops and just sits there. Maybe when I got...
  2. drachen

new tank decision

Ok, so i currently have a 30g cube sitting on a 55g stand with a 20g sump and all that. The lights and plumbing all seem pretty shoddy seeing as that i got it off CL like 6mo ago. Im wondering if i should go for the RSM130 at my LFS for 700$ including a 1/13th chiller or put that money into a...
  3. drachen

Drachen's RSM 130

Hey there, I'm thinking of picking up a very slightly used 130 from my lfs that is totally stock except comes with 1/13th chiller. I'm going to replace my current 30g with a sump because it is very shoddy and kinda thrown together that I got off craigslist. My current tank is just a FOWLR with a...
  4. drachen

Swapping sand in an established tank.

I want to switch out the larger sized sand i have now to a more fine sugar sized sand. Wondering if that is do-able in a tank with livestock already in it and going strong? I was thinking of just siphoning out the sand and then slowly lowering scoops of new sand in, just hoping it wont cause...
  5. drachen

Live rock question.

Im getting some cured live rock from someone tearing down their tank, and i wont have time to set it up the way i want for at least a day. Im wondering if its ok to sit in a bucket with water until then ? (potentially stupid question)
  6. drachen

Refugium

Hey i have a middle section in my 20g sump that just has some sand in it at the moment, can i just throw a clump of chaeto into that with a light and it would be good to go ? Just curious because i would like to start using it for nutrient removal and pod farmin! :)
  7. drachen

Skimmer problem

I got an ASM mini-g skimmer with the tank i bought from someone, i set it up and when i turn it on it just pumps water up a few inches in the body and no bubbles and it wasn't sucking any air in. When i blew into the air hose it would start putting tons of bubbles out for a second then stop. I...
  8. drachen

Help with new setup

Well, i inherited a 29g bc with a sump, i really dont have any SW experience so ive spent alot of time reading and researching what i can. So far it only has about 20lbs of rock and 20lbs of sand in the DT, what im wondering is if the sump is designed right or if it actually is doing anything...