Search results

1. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

So impressed with the AM skimmer. Had to share this pic of the skimmate. Never got anything close to this with the 9002. pic from last night of 3 day's skimmate Bio load at the moment is 2 baby clowns, +- 5 tiny frags, 1 small elegance coral, 1 shrimp, 2 crabs and 3 snails
  2. superfrog

Jeff's C-130 build

Looking great. Love the lights! I'm so jealous that your pics are coming out fine with the LEDs. I'm really struggling with pics under the radion.
  3. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Decided to upgrade my skimmer in the rsm 130. Picked up an Aqua Medic Turboflotor Blue 500 (could they have come up with a longer name :001_huh: ) yesterday. Great build quality and dead silent operation. Has started foaming up quite nicely Even tho it's breaking in This now replaces the...
  4. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Day 3 in QT and the clowns are doing extremely well. Eating well and nicely active. The DT is doing great also. All parameters nice and stable. Have added one cleaner shrimp and one blue legged hermit along with a small LPS. Fresh pic from this morning as the radion was beginning to ramp up.
  5. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Quick update. Cycle progressed really nicely and looks to be done! :celebrate: Readings at the moment: Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0.75 Phosphate 0 After getting a decent rise and fall of ammonia and nitrite I was quite surprised to see the low nitrate readings. Even used a different test kit...
  6. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Thank you. Now for the boring wait while the cycle does its thing. Plan on using the time to refine the hardware setup. Going to be building a control wall of sorts in the cabinet to mount the controllers against with the wiring hidden behind it. Also need to complete my water level kill switch...
  7. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Tank salted up and cycle started. Struggled to get an ammonia spike using pellet food. A bit of frozen mysis in an old stocking seems to have done the trick. Seachem Ammonia Alert disc showing 0.05 ppm. Yay! Now we wait... SG: 1.023 Temp: 26 Celsius PH: 8.0 Alk: 9.6 Ammonia 0.05 ppm Nitrite: 0...
  8. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Thank you! The wife and I spent quite a bit of time on this. Hoping its mission accomplished with enough rock and good flow
  9. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Supply is actually ok. I struggle sometimes to find all the great variants of things like zoas, but otherwise not too bad. Price is high though. Was planning to do a softy/lps setup but lately I've been wondering about sps. I'm not 100% confident though that I will be able to have good success...
  10. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Aquascape done! Ended up using approx 11kg of base rock. Mix of Carib sea south seas and primo
  11. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Pic of the rear chamber with the media rack, skimmer and reactor installed. Ready to get wet!
  12. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

No, unfortunately no Reeflink. But I did get the vortech battery backup which for me was a better move knowing the instability we can experience withy our power grid. Allows my mp10 to run for up to 3 days in backup *places Reeflink onto wishlist Oh btw, have you used an app called Aquarimate...
  13. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Good to hear things are going well Desmond. I'll have to hop on over to your thread and catch up. Will check in again soon...
  14. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Replacement return pump , Jebao Dc2000 Bag of seachem matrix just to beef up the filtration slightly. Got the space in the media rack so figured why not... Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I will be running Orca Nitra Guard bio cubes in this setup. Bagged some up and added to the media...
  15. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Lots more updates to come... I've been real busy! Tunze 9002 skimmer cup has been trimmed to allow proper fit and full operation of the rsm maintenance hatch. Comparison of stock cup vs trimmed (left) Perfect fit Maintenance hatch fully closed
  16. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Hood complete and reassembled (Excuse the poor pic quality at the moment...all taken on iPhone while working late at night) Added another extraction fan to the hood just in case...want to keep that radion happy Hood wiring playing nice with the stock tilt and lift mechanism New wiring with...
  17. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Wow it's pretty much 6 months later and I'm still at it with this tank. Update time! Still no luck sourcing the RSM replacement fans locally in SA. May be forced to import them. Have tried a few different after market 50mm fans (hard size to come by) with varying results. Some are nice and...
  18. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Thank you @Delareef123 Still waiting for the new fans to arrive so I thought I'd share some progress pics on the hood wiring FWS (Full Wiring Shot :p) Slight deflector installed to ensure air is directed towards the Radion's intake fan Radion's wiring grommeted and routed via the RSM power...
  19. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

Glad you're enjoying the journey with me Desmond. :) I'm not sure if the noise symptoms are the same on every RSM, however I've spent loads of time testing different parts of the tank and hood to try and isolate the causes. For my tank, this is what I found: Return pumps The stock return...
  20. superfrog

Superfrog's RSM 130D

The noise reduction approach has worked 100% - the fans are no longer audible when running (and I have been testing with my old fans). Not to mention the tunze is also a lot quieter than the stock skimmer. The tank is still empty as I'm still busy working on it, but I'm confident that the new...