Search results

1. Z

New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

Great comparison of the RSM 250 filtration systems. There is a small progress visible on the new one. Especially the medium rack or improved external circuit for cooling. But I still don't believe, that the stock skimmer will be sufficient to get enough nutrients from water in case of higher...
  2. Z

Orange shoulder Tang - black spots

Thanks for answer Lee. One more question. Progress of this disease is so the fish looks like it is ok right now. No black spots anymore, no signs of panic or feed problems. It behaves like normal healthy fish. I have read about the black ich, that it will come again in waves as the worms get...
  3. Z

Zvejkuse's new RSM 250 tank

thank you, Glenn and Terry. I hope so. For all purposes, I prepared the 60L(16G) tank, where can be in case of big problems fishes cured. Unfortunately all pharmaceuticals recommendet by my friends and other reefers are not available on the market in my country, so I will have to try something...
  4. Z

Re: Orange shoulde Tang - black spots Well, on the orange shoulder one, it is like tiny black spots. They are starting to dissapear. Yesterday I saw one bigger, about 1-2mm pigment spot between body and posterior fin. On Blue tang started white spots from stress how I am preparing for catching...
  5. Z

Well, I am afraid, it will be black spot ich. But still hope me and other reefers are wrong and its just something not so bad. Problem is, how to treat the fishes, when I have not so big quarantine tank and only one solution is to move all fishes to QT and let them live there for about 5-8 weeks...
  6. Z

Re: Orange shoulde Tang - black spots Yes, it can be also this disease. But how to get rid of that without need of rework the whole tank. As you know, most of tangs are very fast and like to hide in caves or under reef. Even when I just added new fish, my Blue tang got white spots. He just...
  7. Z

Thanks Glenn, as always good link. What do you think about the black spots?
  8. Z

Hello people, does anyone know, what this could be? My Orange shoulder tang(A. olivaceus) got after 14 days in my tank these black points. It does not look like typical white spot disease when stressed fish is in new territory together with lot of other fishes. Thank you for all your...
  9. Z

Thanks for replay Terry. Do you think, its something, I should fear? I also would like to ask about your opinion. Do you think, I can add a new fish, when my Ollie(I call the orange shoulder tang so) is in this state?
  10. Z

Hello people, does anyone know, what this could be? My Orange shoulder tang(A. olivaceus) got after 14 days in my tank these black points. It does not look like typical white spot disease when stressed fish is in new territory together with lot of other fishes. Here are some pics of the...
  11. Z

Hi, thanks Tom. This Torch coral was one of my first corals, well even my first LPS. I tried with that, if my tank is ready for stone corals. I think this coral loves my tank(and I love the coral), cause it is growing quite fast. I had to move it twice, to make more space for its tentacles. I...
  12. Z

Thanks Anthony, your tank looks great too.
  13. Z

Hello Reggie, thanks for your comment. Yes, except one, which is probably too sensitive, acros looking good and opening their polyps. Currently I am trying to solve another problem. After Powder Blue tang died a week ago, my blue tang and orange shooulder tang are starting to get white spots...
  14. Z

Max's new 250 adventure

Hello Max, welcome to this forum. Hope you will be happy with your RSM.
  15. Z

Hello. Sure all advices and experiences about sensitive tangs are welcome. If you recommend any procedure, how to buy and acclimatize the right fish of the three species(A. lineatus, A. leucosternon and A. achilles), I would be very happy. Currently I have in my RSM tank just 2 tangs. One is...
  16. Z

FibberMcGee's RSM 250 Reef

Re: Took the plunge. I am using only ATI bulbs. I use 3 Aquablue special - white, 2 Blue plus - blue and 1 Pro color - red. You can change the red one for KZ Fiji purple. both are great, people are thinking KZ Fiji purple is a bit better, but in my country is hard to get.
  17. Z

Hello, thanks for your post. Well I meant that I will put these beautiful tangs to my new tank. The building of this tank is currently in progress. The new tank will have about 310 gallon (about 1200L) and will be about 3 meters(about 10ft) long. I have also 120g tank taken as coral maternity...
  18. Z

Another skimmer question

I am not sure, what are dimensions of the RSM130, but bet, the width will be about 100mm, same as RSM250.
  19. Z

Another skimmer question

I am afraid this will not fit. If the dimensions written on deltec site are correct(L 165mm W 175mm H 450mm), width 175mm will be too much. Do you have RSM130 or 250? For RSM250 will be much better MC500 turbo skimmer.
  20. Z

Well, there is lot of tangs on the list, that are quite uneasy to handle in tank. But I like mostly the two, I wrote in my post. I think clown tang would be not so hard as achilles or powder blue tang. Powder blue is very sensitive on water quality and stress. And needs lot of place and...