Search results

1. S

ASM G3 parts

I have a used ASM G3 skimmer. Does anyone know the dimensions for the o-rings or a source that lists them for sale? The overflow tube o-ring split when I pulled out the overflow tube to put my valve modification in. Thanks, Safedad
  2. S

A white minefield/puff ball

I added a piece of rock a few weeks back. There is something white growing on it. One of my peppermints ate about half of it the first day. It has grown back and now has spikes with small puff balls on the end. Rminds me of pictures of an underwater explosive in a minefield. It is about...
  3. S

Water Flow

I would like to move from FOWLR to adding corals. I am working on upgrading my lights and have good resources to read to figure that out. I haven't found a good source on water flow. Some corals need high, some medium, and some low. would someone point me to some resources and determining...
  4. S

new snail

Can anyone identify the small snail on the turbo shell? I have six of these snails that have shown up. They are growing pretty quickly, as well. They clean o the rocks, shells, and the glass. I don't know if they came in with a group of Ceriths that I got or hatched. I have or have had...
  5. S

CPR Bak Pak input location

I purchased the body of a CPR-Bak Pak when I got a free 55g tank. I have added a 1200 Maxi-jet to run it. I drilled a hole in the input screen and inserted an airline. It seemed to be working very well (better than the airstones I had routed into the intak chamber). Then I added something to...
  6. S

Sump baffle height

I am adding a sump using my old 29g tank. I will use 1/4" glass baffles. What height should the final baffle be relative to the one before it? Assuming I have calculated the right return capacity if the power goes off, suction is interrupted, etc. what difference does it make regarding the...
  7. S

Unkown red plant

Any ideas what this is. Nice freeby that came up on the rock after a couple of months.
  8. S

Perculas with whitish mouth

I added two Perculas last Tuesday. Then went through the dominance deal and one appears to be the "Lady to be." They have done fine together since yesterday and today. This morning I noticed both of the mouths appeared a little washed out, whitish. I have observed one of them pecking at the...
  9. S

Hello

I am new to this forum. I have a 55g FOWLR, 2 blue green chromis, sally lightfoot, emerald, 2 peppermint, astreas, ceriths, 20lb LR, CPR w/ Maxi 1200, skilter (no skimming just filter pad), Filstar xP3 pumping into two carbon tubes with about 10 lbs TBPC, 2 Aqua 30 powerheads. Have recently...