Search results

1. C

what the heck are these

any ideas what the heck this stuff is. There is some kind of little tree looking algae, stick with a poof on top. Then something growing of a bunch of the rock in the tank. It is a little base kind of redish then a stick coming out of the middle. Then I think it is a really small...
  2. C

any idea what these are

found a couple new things on some of the rocks during the latest photo shoot. let me know if you know what they are. Thanks. There are like 5 little groupings of this around on a new rock I picked up. Not sure what this is or if it is 2 things, the legs move and look kind of like starfish...
  3. C

what size clean up crew

Okay so what size clean up crew should I be looking to get. I have a standard 125gal, with about 65gal or so in my sump. I have a ~2" sand bed, and 85lb of rock, plan on adding at least another 30lb of rock soon. Seems like every website has a different CUC package. I don't have any fish...
  4. C

return pump size suggestions

I'm getting ready to set up my 100gal tank with a 55gal sump/fug and I'm trying to figure out what the best size return pump would be. The tank came with a Rio+ 3100 which is rated for 900gph and around 5 to 600 at the height of the tank. Is this enough, or do I need to get something to push...
  5. C

crespeto's inherited 100gal adventure

Okay, in advance thanks for any advise or help anyone may be able to offer. My grandma passed recently and she had a big custom tank that I grew up watching and helping her setup. Its about 100gals, 8' long by 20" tall by 12" wide. My grandfather custom built and stained the stand for it so both...