Search results

1. vubben

Wtb rsm 250 hood

Looking to buy a lighting hood for Red Sea Max 250 in working condition. If anyone has upgraded their 250 lights and wants to get that hood outta the basement, let me know. Thanks Randy
  2. vubben

Big!!!

Hello all. And a very late Happy New Year. I've been away from the forum for quite some time but I couldn't resist sending you all this link to a few large tanks that are for sale in the Toronto area. For anyone who has been thinking of moving up to something larger and for whom the new RSM...
  3. vubben

Black Plant/Algae ID

Looking for and algae ID today. At least I think it's an algae, haven't been able to find anything like it yet. It's growing high in the tank under a ledge on the back of some LR. I've had to alter the pic a bit to get rid of some glare but it's the black or very dark blue, branch looking growth...
  4. vubben

Looking for a Few More ID's

Dipped a few zoa's in FW and Revive yesterday and this is what came out. The one on the left was wrapped around the stalk of a polyp and matched it's colour exactly. The one on the right is just plain strange looking. I thought the head of it looked it could be some young larval form of Mantis...
  5. vubben

Small Sea Slug ID

Found this in my tank today and removed it. It moves like an inch worm and is very small. The out of focus thing is a Canadian dime.
  6. vubben

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Hi guys. I picked up a Tunze Osmolator today and since I know that some of you have this unit I wondered you had any tips or things to look out for on installation? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
  7. vubben

Coral Research

Hi all. I have an LFS very close by who seem to be gaining a good rep for their coral stock. I stopped in on my way home today and was blown away by the number and variety they had. As far as someone with my limited knowledge of coral can say, everything looked very clean and healthy as well...
  8. vubben

Cowry ID

Anyone have any idea if this is a Tiger or Atlantic Deer Cowry? Thanks.
  9. vubben

Nano-Mag

I don't know what the exact rule is here about product recommendations and many of you may know this already but here goes anyway. When I ordered my Media Basket from Intank I also ordered a Nano-Mag glass cleaner and this thing is terrific. Best money I've spent on accessories to date...
  10. vubben

hydor flo

Just picked one up for installing on the RSM 130D. I've tried all the adaptors but can't seem to get one that fits over or in the adjustable return nozzle on the 130D. Anyone else using one of these on a 130D that can offer some advise? Thanks
  11. vubben

Mantis!

Sitting on the couch this morning about 20 feet from my tank and I kept hearing a "click click" I finally realized it was coming from the RSM. On closer inspection I finally saw something with long feelers probing out from the inside of a 1/8" hole in some LR at the front of the tank. There is a...
  12. vubben

Identity and Behavior

I have a few very small hermit crabs. I watched them both crawl round a bit yesterday until one found a small crevice and tucked himself into it. The other hid away at the back of the tank. The one at the back hasn't moved in over 12 hrs, is tucked in and appears dead. The one in the crevice...
  13. vubben

A Few Noob Forum Questions

The only other forum I have regularly participated in was an Apple Final Cut forum for video editors and, of course, it had it's similarities and differences compared to this site. Why do some profile names and names that appear in the "who's online" list appear in red? Are they moderators...
  14. vubben

Rock Dusting

Hi. I've been dusting off my LR with a turkey baster this morning. A lot of stuff has accumulated on them from all my arranging and re-arranging and arranging again! Wondered, when doing this if it's best to keep skimming or turn it off and slide the basket right down for maximum suck through...
  15. vubben

Stealth Heater Issue

Not having much luck with heaters so far. The heater that shipped with my 130D was dead on arrival and after reading here about RS heaters in general, I picked up a Stealth 150w. An hour or so after putting it in the chamber I noticed an odd vibrating sound coming from the tank. On checking I...
  16. vubben

InTank Media Rack?

I've done some searching here and on the Intank site but haven't been able to find the answer. If I use an Intank rack in my 130D, do I have to remove the hood to take it in and out of the chamber. Can't imagine that would be so but wanted to be sure. If combined with the Tunze 9002...
  17. vubben

Randy's 130D

Finally got it all up and running. Took me a few days to decide on a final location since the fans and skimmer were a tad loud for the spot I had originally planned. The water is clear and the LR has been in for 4 days now. The only hitchhikers I've seen are one very small crab and a tiny white...
  18. vubben

Washing and Preparing Substrate

I'm about to set up my first marine tank and am preparing to add Carib Sea Aragonate Special Grade substrate. I have read that it is advisable to wash this material first. Everything I've read here says "TAP WATER BAD", so I will not be using it to fill my tank. Is it however, okay to use tap...
  19. vubben

Hello from Toronto

Hello all. I've been lurking here and on a few other forums for a while now, ever since I had the thought that I might set up a new aquarium. Gotta say that this place is a pleasure to roam around... nicely organized and jam packed with information, much more than I have found in any one...