Search results

1. B

TMC 3ft 30w uv sterilizer

Hi i have a 3ft TMC 30w uv sterilizer for sale.Has not been used for a while so not sure if the bulb is good.£25.00 Woodley nr Reading Berkshire UK
  2. B

Aqua Medic reef 500 with sump tank

Hi i have for sale a Aqua Medic Reef 500 complite filter system with a 24x12x12 glass sump.It is filled with bio balls and has an Ehime skimmer pump.Glass sump has a repaird water tight crack witch is above the water line and dose not effect it in anyway otherwise in very good condition.Please...
  3. B

250 inner lid replacement ?

Hi all does anyone know where I can get a spare clear lighting lid for my 250 from ? Cheers Jim
  4. B

Tmc Aquabeam Upgrade ?

Hi all i have just set up a 100l frag tank and used a tmc aquabeam combo reef white & marine blue led's to light it.I love the cool shimmering effect it give's and was thinking of fitting them to my 250.Has anyone tried this yet ?.
  5. B

Max 250 Sump Help !

Hi all iv'e just got a aqua medic reef 500 with sump tank and just wondered if anyone had fitted a sump to a 250.I already use the stock outlet to run my chiller and due to needing the water to fall to the sump the only way i can think to get the water out of the tank is to drill it lower than...
  6. B

LFS break in

I went to my local LFS today to give them this weeks wages ! only to find broken glass all over the floor.Oh droped a tank ? i asked only to be told no thay had been broken into.So i enquiried as to what thay had taken ? pumps,the huge expensive skimmers,live stock even ? No just the charity...
  7. B

4 months in £££££'s spent !!

Just fitted my JBL uv 36w when will the spending stop :banghead:
  8. B

would this mad idea work ???

Ive been thinking of fitting an external sump to my tank but just trying to get an idea as to how i can do it.I allready use the hole in the back for the chiller so i was planning to cut another in the skimmer chamber to allow the water to be pumped to a sump using an external pump but its...
  9. B

Fluval Edge quarantine tank ??

Hi all i was thinking of getting a Fluval edge as a possible quarantine tank ! has anyone done this ? would it work ? wot else would i need ? Any ideas
  10. B

caribsea instructions ?

Dose anyone know how to use caribsea buffer plus as i have just got some but the instructions are under the label wich just falls apart when peeled off ! Please help
  11. B

Upgrade 250 bulbs

Hi Can anyone recomend any upgrade bulbs for the 250 ?. Cheers Jim
  12. B

External filter on 250

Hi all I am thinking of fitting an external filter on my 250 and would like to know if anyone has and how its done? My plan is to cut out a piece using the blanking piece from the accessory kit on the right side as a template (I have a chillier fitted that side) and use a second accessory kit...
  13. B

Help Needed !!! Chiller Probs

Hi all i have just fitted a Deltec 750 chiller to my 250 but it seems to be heating rather than cooling.Im useing the standard 1500 right chamber pump and its all plumbed ok in's and out's ect but i set it at 25c but the chiller will come on temp will go up to 27.1c then switch off and temp...
  14. B

Powerhead and chiller positions in 250

Hi all I have just purchased a Vetch mp20 and was wondering weather someone could tell me if they have found a sweet spot for it? At the moment i have it on the right in centre about 3" down with the two stock outlets pointing strait out. I am also fitting a chiller this weekend and am going to...
  15. B

Vortech mp20 !

Hi all i was wondering if anyone had a vortech on there 250 ?.Having read loads of good reviews and post's i decided that was the one for me but after visiting two different lfs i was told thay arn't that good ? .Alltho both did not stock them would that of swayed there views ???.But i had my...
  16. B

Hi all New powerhead question !

Has anyone fitted extra powerheads to there 250 and if so has it improved things as i am just putting in my first corals and wonderd if i would need to
  17. B

New Max 250 advice needed PLEASE !!!

Just fitted a Deltec MC500 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi all new to marines so any advice welcome ! having read a bit i decided to go for the max 250 in silver.It has been running for nearly 3 weeks now and i have added 40kg fiji live...
  18. B

New max 250 set up advice needed !

Hi ive just fitted a Deltec mc500 to my max 250.Has anyone else done this as any tips would be welcome.
  19. B

Hi all advice welcome !

Hi all just setting up my Red Sea Max 250.The tank has been running for a week now and today i put in 40kg of fiji live rock and fiji pink sand mixed with florida crushed shells.My problem is i just cant get the skimmer set right ! anyone know how ? and has anyone added any other filter media...