Search results

1. TwiceIrish

130D light bulbs question for revival of my reef

I've tried searching the forum but I guess I'm not good at doing so. My question is what other bulbs besides RSM will fit in the RSM 130D? I remember some discussions 1 1/2 to 2 years ago about different bulbs and then some advice on "color". I just want a quick change to something more "blue"...
  2. TwiceIrish

Not ready to start new thread but help wanted with reef scape and putty or other idea

For those that don't know me, I have a Red Sea Max 130D that I'm starting to reanimate after about a year away. I had a wonderful first part of cycle with beautiful live rock and new sand, etc. Then I came downstairs one late night to see a giant bristle worm and that did it! Not going to...
  3. TwiceIrish

Marco rock vs Pukani dry - Experience, advice, info needed to help make a choice

I'm restarting my RSM 130D but using dry rock this time. I like the look of the Marco Key Largo rock but like the Pukani dry rock from BRS even better. But, then it will be covered with coral eventually (in my dreams anyway.) Anyone with advice or experience with either or both, please post...
  4. TwiceIrish

Tidings of Our Red Sea Max

The sea has always captivated me, but more so for what grows under the water, than the scenery above or its uses. Research and reading with the intent of actually purchasing my first saltwater reef tank began in earnest several months ago. The plan originally, was to wait for late summer...
  5. TwiceIrish

Opinions Wanted: RSM 130 or 130D

New here today and need to make a decision. I've been reading and trying to decide the best way to get started in Salt water reef tank. I've decided on the RS Max and was going to get one from my LFS -the 130D. Then a RSM 130 was just listed in my area on Craig's list. They say purchased...
  6. TwiceIrish

Newbie here. Ready to Listen & Learn.

New to Saltwater. I have had precious little experience with freshwater. I listen thoughtfully and am grateful for help. Today, I have an opportunity to buy a used Red Sea Max 130 and do mods for it or, if I wait, I would have to buy new later. (Not many come up used & 4 sale here.) We do have...