Search results

1. Lewis N Sophie

My LED lighting seems very "Dim" in comparison to MHa's

Hi, I've just replaced my arcadia 2*250w metal halides + 2 T5's with: 4 TMC Aquaray 1000HD (2* Reef white, 2*Marine white) and 2 * Reef white Aquaray 600 strips. Not impressed so far is probably an understatement. My metal halides gave a broad spread of yellow to white light with the T5's...
  2. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

A friend of mine has a fluval edge nano tank which pretty much has a fish and some liverock with a couple of small corals. Nothing new has been added since I gave him some xenia months ago. He now has this: YouTube - ‪What the hell is this??‬‏ Not something I've ever seen before. Any...
  3. Lewis N Sophie

IT literate? Fancy becoming involved in a free project?

As some already know, I run an ISP based in the UK. I've been looking to provide a free hosting-related service to RS/RC and some other aquarium related sites. I'd like to get a bunch of people together to test it. It'd require only as much time as you'd be willing to spend, an email...
  4. Lewis N Sophie

DIY Sump design opinion

OK....firstly I have never designed a sump or tank (and I want this to have a fuge). I've read approx 15 discussions and articles on design and have come up with the image attached. Am I considering enough and the right things? Any observations at all? Any help would be greatly...
  5. Lewis N Sophie

Small aiptasia or anemone or feather duster?

This is from a piece of liverock which has been in the tank for 3months. when fully open, it's approx 5mm across and raised approx 3mm from the liverock. When disturbed, it sucks itself back into the liverock in a fraction of a second. I have zero knowledge on these things so please excuse my...
  6. Lewis N Sophie

MSD here

Just saying Hi :hallo: I have a load of SLR pics from the Maldives, RS and more. Ill do my best to get some posted. Hi All! :)
  7. Lewis N Sophie

Lewis and Sophie's RSM 250

W00t, our first post! A little about us, we're treading new ground for us with our first marine tank. We chose the RSM 250 because we wanted something that enabled us to hit the ground running and learn along the way. Bespoke setups are very daunting to the beginner and so this seemed a...