Search results

1. S

Bubble Tip Anemone Help!

So I started out with just one, now they have split into so many I can't count. If I were to guess i'd say I have around 30 baseball sized rose bubble anemones. Well this is a problem for my non-clownfish as well as the fact that i'd like to have a reef tank. So I am looking to either sell...
  2. S

Moving a Red Sea Max 250

i need to temporarily move a RSM250 to install new hardwood flooring, and will be going back in the same place in just a couple days. Has anyone done this or have any advice? Can it be jacked up somehow from the top of the cabinet with some sort of pallet jack and moved all at once? I will empty...
  3. S

is my anemone trying to split?

its been looking terrible for about a week, i can't tell if its trying to split and having a hard time or worse? http://vid1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/dsal76/20150829_145734.mp4
  4. S

LED fixture

Can anyone recommend a good LED fixture for a 24 gallon tank reef tank?
  5. S

Two Tanks, One Refugium?

So right now i have a 24 Gal reef tank with 10 Gal refugium. I have been wanting to set up a species tank. Would it be possible to have both tanks overflowing into the one refugium? I think it will be feasible but not sure how difficult it would be having 2 separate returns and matching the...
  6. S

Crab ID

this ugly little guy has been in my tank for a while now, perhaps a few years. I'm never able to get a clear picture as he is always hiding in the rockwork. However he did leave me his molt this morning. I'm thinking this nasty little bugger is bad but wanted some more expert opinions...
  7. S

Steve's LED's Typhon Controll Lighting Schedule

Just installed this system on my RSM250 and was wondering how others have their lighting schedule. Duration, Intensity, Fading, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I have 4 channels (2-Whites & 2-Blues). Thanks
  8. S

crab ID

came with a galaxea coral recently purchased. It is in my refugium now
  9. S

RSM 250 Media Basket

For those of you with a media basket in your RSM 250's, who is running chaeto in the top compartment? And if so are you using a light for this area and what type. I am thinking of turning my top compartment into an area to grow chaeto. Thanks.
  10. S

peppermint with sexy shrimp

Does anyone know if it would be safe for my sexy shrimp if i added a couple peppermints?
  11. S

is this normal BTA behavior?

Noticed my BTA smoking a few days ago. There is a link to a short video. I've never seen it do this in the 2 years since i've had it. Probably just pooping just wanted to be sure. It shriveled up after this episode, but back to its normal inflated self now.
  12. S

3 Hitchhikers, Need ID Please

I recently found 3 hitchhikers i was wondering if someone could help me out with ID's. One is a starfish that can be seen cruising the live rock during night and dawn/dusk hours. A snail that seems to like hanging out in my zoa's. I haven't noticed any affects it has had on them. The third...
  13. S

nasty little coral eater ID?

Was wondering why one of my leathers wasn't looking so hot...this ugly looking thing was eating it. Anyone know what it is?
  14. S

Need Help With An Anemone

So i got this bubble anemone a couple weeks ago. It seems to have found a rock that it really likes, but attached itself way at the bottom facing the back of my tank so you wouldn't even know it was there and it gets no light. I've even tried repositioning the rock a couple times, once so it...
  15. S

best time to add CUC?

RSM 250, had my system running for a couple weeks now. 50lbs live sand, approx 55-60lbs live rock. Getting lots of green algae covering most of the substrate, starting to work its way up the inside of the tank. Lots of growth on the rock as well. When would be a good time to add some...
  16. S

New RSM 250 owner...neep tips

just got this a few days ago and am a total beginner so wouldn't mind some helpful suggestions and tips. Achieved the correct water balance and added some aragonite based reef sand which clouded up the water. how long does this take to clear up?