is my anemone trying to split?

DaveK

The way it's up there in the rocks, makes it hard to tell. In looking at what seems to be the mouth wide open and different extension on the tentacles, I suspect it's been damaged. About all you can do is keep an eye on it. The problem will either get better on it's own or you'll have a dying anemone which will need to be removed.

It you see any "smoke" coming from the anemone, it's close to dead. Remove it before the entire tank is dead

The way it's up there in the rocks, makes it hard to tell. In looking at what seems to be the mouth wide open and different extension on the tentacles, I suspect it's been damaged. About all you can do is keep an eye on it. The problem will either get better on it's own or you'll have a dying anemone which will need to be removed.

It you see any "smoke" coming from the anemone, it's close to dead. Remove it before the entire tank is dead
i don't believe that is the mouth as i can see through that hole and i don't know what could have damaged it. This morning it appears to almost completed its split i will get some pics later. I haven't seen any smoke coming from it