Search results

1. Barcochris

Been a long time

Well I have gone through some major changes in life and because of that I have not been doing anything with my tank.. so basicly it is empty... I am not sure that I have the time to do a reef right now but really want to set my tank up as a fresh water... My questions is can I rinse my rock off...
  2. Barcochris

Looking for Cheto

Well pretty self explanatory. anybody know were I can get a good helping of cheto? I am hoping to get some pods going in my soon to be delivered Pod hotel but I need some cheto (hopefully with some pods) I can't find any online. Chris
  3. Barcochris

Chris's 90 Gallon reef tank

LOL... Look at the title, I can not even spell My name right...should be Chris's 90 gallon Well I guess it is time I document another build. I started with a 110 then wen to a 125 RR. Well that was just o large for my house. So I ordered a 90 from Glass Cages. I loved Dealing with this...
  4. Barcochris

New tank questions

I have a had a 125 gallon tank running for a while. Well it is just a touch to big for my house. So I am setting up my first brand new tank (others were bought used) Let me lay out my plan the ask my question. I have a 90 Gallon tall Tank that is reef ready. I drilled the back glass for two 1...
  5. Barcochris

skimmer recommendation

I am changing from a 125 to a 90 gallon tank and I am looking at changing my skimmer. I have a ASM G2 right now that I burned the pump on. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I would not be opposed to changing/upgrading. Am I better to replace the pump or replacing the skimmer?
  6. Barcochris

Filefish

I have always loved these fish. My favorite is the tasseled filefish. My question are any reef safe? and were can I get them?
  7. Barcochris

looking to downsize.

I am running a 125 gallon reef ready tank. I love it and things have been going great, but we just had another baby and I am running out of time to work on a tank this large. I would really like to down size to a 55 to 90ish all glass tank. I can end up putting a dollar amount an this...
  8. Barcochris

Need some fish help.

Ok, I am going to place an order today with Saltwaterfish.com, One thing I am going to get for sure is a Naso tang, I just love them. I am also thinking of getting a Foxface, is this a good choice? i also would like to get a couple more PJ cardinals, this is another fish that I really like. I...
  9. Barcochris

Bad but funny (now) night.

well I had a pretty easy project tonight. I wanted to drill my sump for a bulkhead so I could plumb my new chiller in. No big deal right? WRONG! I drilled the bulkhead easy enough but as I was trying to tighten it the down tube from my tank came off, BEFORE THE BALL VALVE TO SHUT IT OFF. And new...
  10. Barcochris

Strange Pc Problem

About a month ago I hooked up a Sunpac Pc ballast, the ballast was a dual 96 watt that I used for Actinic 03. Well after about an hour the bulb broke at the end, the little piece of glass the connects the two bulbs together snapped. I had an old set of bulbs so I put those in and the same thing...
  11. Barcochris

Chiller question

Does anybody have any information on this chiller? Current USA Prime Tower Chiller, 1/4hp Model #2645 I am interested in getting it but I am limited on my space, I could put it behind the tank, but it would be tight to the wall. I could put it next to the tank but I am wondering if it is...
  12. Barcochris

Kalk help,

I am now going to need to go to some sort or drip device for Kalk. The only problem is I don't understand it. I am going to be using it because of the three clams that are on the way. The Miss Waggels Lime is what I have a boat load of. Can anybody help me? I need info on mixing and using, Thanks
  13. Barcochris

OT: Sorry

Well Life has kept me away for a LONG time. Sorry I have not posted in quite a while. Things have been going just great. As far as the tank goes the 125 is up and running till I killed my clams last week. I had a water issue, or well a top off issue as my son had put some thing in the top off...
  14. Barcochris

Swapping sand bed?

About three weeks ago I put a sand bend in my 110. This weekend I am picking up the 125 RR that feel in to my lap. My question is it safe to move the sand bed or do I need to start over?
  15. Barcochris

New Tank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting a used (7 months) Reef Ready AGA, with hood and stasnd. Not a large upgrade to what I have now but the fact that it is RR makes me so happy. A 125 RR is my dream tank, I will be picking it up this weekend and setting it up after my tile is done in my house...:whstlr: :whstlr: :whstlr:
  16. Barcochris

Fox Face question

I got a foxface this weekend and he is out and acting fine, my only problem is his tail is Yellow but the rest of him is Black, Why is that? Is he still getting used to his new home?
  17. Barcochris

Pump failure

I have a little Giatn pump. last night at 2 am I heard a strange noise. THe little ceramic washer that is on the shaft between the impeller and the cap broke. The pump started to cavitate as the impeller moved back and forth. I have had this pump about 6 months and have had nothing but problems...
  18. Barcochris

Is this to much light

I am running 2 250 watt 14k metal halides. I am also going to put 2 96 watt PC actinic and 2 96 watt pc 10 or 12k bulbs above my tank. My tank is 110 gallon 18 inch deep tank. I would like to keep a wide selection of coral and fish. Right now I have a clam and a couple coral. I have no real...
  19. Barcochris

Just so I got this right.

I am going ot buy sand today, and the place in town sells it for 30 bucks a bag for that stuff that has water in it. My question is I can go to Home Depot and get southdown playsand corect? I not sure if we have it in the desert (kind of a lot of sand around already) but I am going to check.
  20. Barcochris

BB or Add sand

I have a bare bottom 110 now. I really like thae way it looks, with the coraline growing on the bottom. I just look at it and it seems to me like it is missing something... Sand. I need help to decide if I want to go to a ssb. what do you guys think. I have a Clam and a couple fish I do not paln...