Search results

1. H

Skimmer pump not working

Hi guys, I turned my skimmer off for a couple of hours cos my tank tmep was a bit high. Just went to turn it back on and the pump made a bad sound and wasnt pushing any water. Took skimmer out, disassembled the pump and it all looks ok. Put pump back in and stillnot working. Has anybody...
  2. H

Cycle question. Bacteria die off?

Hi all, My tank has finished cycling and I have just done a water change. Current water params: Ammonia - 0ppm Nitrite - 0ppm Nitrate - 10ppm PH - 8.2 I dont plan to stock the tank for 3-4 weeks. Should i be feeding the tank to keep the bacteria alive? Will the bacteria die...
  3. H

Tim's new RSM 250

Well after a long wait for the 250 to arrive in Australia I have mine setup and cycling :D After reading alot of posts on here about noise/heat/microbubbles I was a bit concerned but suprisingly I have none of these issues. Maybe Redsea have made some changes??? Skimmer is very quiet...
  4. H

Polishing filter

Hiya all, I have just setup and filled my 250 and will start a journal tomorrow. I have a question, do I have to remove the hood to install the polishing filter? I can almost get it in but the top of the filter catches on the bottom of the hood.... Any help appreciated. Cheers Tim
  5. H

Skimmer options for the 250

Hiya guys, 1st post on here :) Im picking up a 250 in a couple of weeks. From what I have read I am going to want to replace the stock skimmer, The Euroreef looks like an awesome bit of kit but I dont want to have the collection cup visible. Can anybody point me towards a skimmer that can...