Search results

1. aramis

Low Magnesium Level

First off, my tank (RSM 250) is about three months old, and currently FOWLR. Recent water testing has shown my magnesium level dropping (it was 1080), as well as my calcium (380) - these used to be > 1250 and 450 respectively - my alk is OK, at 9.15. I was wondering, since I don't yet have any...
  2. aramis

My RSM 250 Set-Up

Attached are some pictures of my RSM 250 set-up. As of this weekend, I can finally say that it's complete (but then again, never say never). Thanks to all of you that answered questions I had, and for letting me steal your designs. My success is a result of this forum. Like a lot of you, I...
  3. aramis

My RSM 250 Set-Up

Attached are picutures of my RSM 250 set-up. As of this weekend, I can finally say that it's complete (but then again, never say never). Thanks to all of you that answered questions I had, and for letting me steal your designs. My success is a result of this forum. Like a lot of you, I...
  4. aramis

Tool Used To Cut RSM Skimmer Panel?

Hi all - I recently received my LifeReef pre-filter box (and sump) and I need to make a semi-circle cut-out in the skimmer panel to make it fit. Curious as to what tool anyone used to make this cut. I have a Dremel, but haven't used it much. Any specific Dremel bit or cutting wheel that might...
  5. aramis

CUC Question (RSM 250)

Hi - I'm was looking into CUC options and came across the following package: Astraea Turbo Snail - Large 30 Nassarius Snail 20 Cerith Snail 15 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab 30 Dwarf Blue...
  6. aramis

Chiller Plumbing Question

Hi - I have a chiller but have yet to install it (I'm waiting on my Lifereef sump to arrive first). I plan on configuring the sump and chiller in series (sump output to chiller input; chiller output back to tank). Since I'm not too familiar with aquarium plumbing, I'm a little confused as to...
  7. aramis

Problem With RSM 250 Skimmer

I set my RSM 250 up last week. Since my substrate was on order I only had s/w in it for about 5 days. During that time I had my skimmer on, with air in-take valve slightly open and the foam adjuster set to half-way. While I knew there wasn't anything to skim I thought it would be good to get...
  8. aramis

RSM 250 Sump/Chiller Configuration Question

Hi! I’m in the process of setting up my RSM 250. I just received my chiller and an external Iwaki pump. While the chiller/pump order was on it’s way, I decided to also order a LifeReef sump (Model A). In talking with Jeff, he said that his set-up came with two submersible pumps – one for the...
  9. aramis

Max 250 Pump & ATO Question

Hi everyone. I have a Max 250 on the way and am trying to understand the setup as much as possible prior to its arrival. That said, I had two questions: 1) I also ordered a VorTech Propeller Pump (Gen2) since it seemed like a popular addition to a lot of your setups. Is this pump being...
  10. aramis

Hi - Max 250 On The Way

Hi everyone, I've been reading many of the posts here this past week and I became convinced that a RSM was the only way to go. I've never joined one of these type of groups before, but I can honestly say that every post I read in which a question was asked was responded to with such...