Search results

1. R

Red/Purple algae popped up overnight

I had a bout with it. I believe it can come from two sources, overfeeding and/or in an area that has low flow. I bought ChemiClean, but never used it after reading about it on this site. Instead, I reduced feeding (especially flake food) and directed a Koralia in the area. Good luck.
  2. Imani's RSM 130

Imani's RSM 130

3. Ricordia

Ricordia

4. Scolymia 1 v2

Scolymia 1 v2

5. Imani's RSM 130

Imani's RSM 130

6. DSC01439

DSC01439

7. Scolymia 1

Scolymia 1

This is one of my favorites, vivid color
  8. R

Eddie's RSM 130

I had the same question as Kyle. I understand some of you gently shake in water during cleanings, but what about the first time you add a new bag of CPE? My first time, I rinsed in sink for about 15 min until there was no residue, similar to how you would prep regular carbon. But it took a...
  9. R

Help Tunze 9002

+1, a breeze to do.
  10. R

Colt Coral Receding??

I looked this morning and my colt coral appears to have shrunken in somewhat. I checked my water params, all seems to be ok, other than my Nitrates being up around 20. That's due to me being gone for 2 wks, and the people I had helping out, probably overfeeding. I'm doing a water change...
  11. R

Open Brain Coral

How long have you had it? I noticed that some of my corals take a little time to get acclimated before eating. I had a Scolymia coral for 2 wks before it began eating regularly. I attributed it to the stress of the delivery to me. Also 600 for Calcium looks high. What's your Alkalinity...
  12. R

ATO suggestions for 130 please?

Ok, It's been awhile since I posted about buying a Tunze Osmolator 3155. I purchased it, looked at the directions, and put it to the side for 4 months. The directions are horrible! I started at 6pm and did not finish until 11:00pm, but I'm so excited now. I purposely did not do a top-off...
  13. R

New Coral, Sponge on Rock, Should I Quarantine?

Thanks Chipmunk. I love the one in your avatar. Nice!
  14. R

When it dies, will that cause an ammonia spike that could affect the tank? I'm still relatively new, so excuse me for re-asking the question. Just wanna be sure, I've put a considerable chunk of change into the hobby so far ;-)
  15. R

Ok, I've been in the hobby for about 7 months now. I've read a couple of threads about QT tanks. I have started dipping new coral before putting into my tank, although I still have questions on that process. I haven't had any issues (knock on wood). I just got this Ricordia rock today. I...
  16. R

No brown jelly, but Frogspawn is disappearing

Thanks for the advice, hoping that moving it from sand closer to light will help. Did also notice a little white slime on one of the recessed heads. I've seen that a lot of people frag dead heads off to stop disease from spreading. Haven't tried fragging yet, so doing some research on that too.
  17. R

No brown jelly, but Frogspawn is disappearing

I got the frogspawn along with a fox coral and a plate coral 10 days ago. The water the frogspawn shipped in was freezing when I got it, even though there was a hot pack in the package. I acclimated with drip and put in tank. It was in the sand, but my clowns kept "kicking" sand onto it. I...
  18. R

HELP!!! My RSM 130 has been "cycling" for over a months

Thanks guys, I just changed my skimmer last weekend. Out with the stock, in with the Tunze 9002, and boy is the Tunze quiet. I also switched out the regular carbon with the chemipure elite. I looked at the symphyllia when I got home from work. It has recovered. Still worried about the...
  19. R

The other coral, the frogspawn, already trouble opening fully after I added it about 10 days ago. It was in the sand, but my clowns kept "kicking" sand onto it. I noticed one head had starting to retreat back into the skeleton, so I moved it higher on rock. That head eventually receded...
  20. R

I woke up this morning, and two corals had toppled over...the work of some nuisance crabs I've been trying to get rid of I suspect. The scolymia that I've been trying to nurse back to health (victim of stress from shipment) fell on top of my Symphyillia. I immediately removed the Scoly and put...