New Coral, Sponge on Rock, Should I Quarantine?

Ok,
I've been in the hobby for about 7 months now. I've read a couple of threads about QT tanks. I have started dipping new coral before putting into my tank, although I still have questions on that process. I haven't had any issues (knock on wood).

I just got this Ricordia rock today. I noticed it has a orange coloration on the back of the rock. Don't know what it is, sponge maybe? My concern is, could this be something that will die off the rock and cause an ammonia spike and kill other things in my tank? Should I set up a quarantine tank and stick it in there for a while. I have a little 3 gallon tank I use for dipping, no light, etc. Would that be enough?

OR should I leave in my tank as is? I know probably late to be asking, but I've never received anything like this on an other coral before.

Attachments

• New Coral1.jpg
    New Coral1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
  • New Coral2.jpg
    New Coral2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 46
Sponges are pretty harmless no worries unless it is affect the mushrooms. Hopefully the ricordea grow and the light will get blocked out and it will die. I had one that came on a piece of live rock and the thing got huge! No problem I threw another rock on top of it and it died from not getting any light.

Hopefully ... the light will get blocked out and it will die.

When it dies, will that cause an ammonia spike that could affect the tank? I'm still relatively new, so excuse me for re-asking the question. Just wanna be sure, I've put a considerable chunk of change into the hobby so far ;-)