Search results

1. C

Damaged coral.

Quick question... If a coral is bruised how long does it take for the skeleton to show? I bought a pagoda cup coral yesterday afternoon and had to take it back this morning because it was too large for my 8g nano. I brought it in and they said it was showing skeleton, so they may not let me...
  2. C

what species of polychaete?

I have noticed some upset mushrooms, my cleaner shrimp died, and my fire goby has been acting funny. All my parameters are golden. Tank is well established and today I think I have found the possible problem. Please help, thanks! In the picture the worm is trying to get at my bi-valve :(
  3. C

DIY pH indicator

If you are a dork like me you may enjoy this. It's very easy to do. I guess it could save you a little bit of money in the long run, but you have to calibrate the home made solution with a real pH test kit. DIY pH Indicator with cabbage
  4. C

Plumbing basics

Would someone be kind enough to link me to a site or thread that will explain plumbing basics? Or just explain it to me if possible. Pictures are a plus. My plan is to drill the back of my Biocube and install an overflow system into a sump/fuge. The return pump I can probably figure out on...
  5. C

Hey!

Hello reefers, (heh reeferers) I am a reef noob. I'm living in Asheville and going to school for a Bio degree. My 8g Biocube is about 8 days old, with water. Copepods everywhere :snrkl: I've modified the back of my tank into a fuge with chaeto and a velcroed on light I made from...