Search results

1. J

12 Gallon Aquapod

he's going to come out, but we have to find a good home for him first. it doesn't make sense to put him somewhere where he has even worse conditions.
  2. J

12 Gallon Aquapod

I have been working really hard at this thing. I hope you all like it. I included a couple of my drawing at the bottom for fun. This is my first day on this sight. There are so many cool tanks on here. ? at the end means I'm not sure of the exact name. Aquapod 20 +/- Pounds of Live...
  3. J

Are these Feather Duster Babies? PHOTO ADDED

The picture is up top Lynn. If you look at the white tip of the tube, there is this translucent "globe" of gelatin type material surrounding it. The feather duster is hiding because my finger is there. It's just a tad away from the tip of my finger. Lol you guys are so much fun, seriously...
  4. J

Lol. you definitely have plenty of qualifications. maybe you're right. I didn't mention that I was studying biology so you could wipe the floor with my non existent qualifications. I didn't think I was being close minded either. I have just had the experience on other forums that people will...
  5. J

New from North Florida - 12 Gallon Aquapod (Pictures!)

thanks for the compliment by the way.
  6. J

I agree. someone might have seen it before though. Maybe they saw it happen in their tank and a few weeks or months later they began to see more feather dusters pop up where thy didn't exist before.
  7. J

Here are a couple more pictures. The anemone is kind of difficult to see against the white backdrop of the rock he nestled into, but you can still see him.
  8. J

I've seem my bigger one sending out his/her "love juice" but this one is acting very differently. I'm wondering if this one fertilizes inside the tube, or keeps the eggs in this jelly while they are fertilized but another individual. Anyone who's interested should look up tube worm...
  9. J

I wasn't trying to mean. I did some research and found that tube worms will (according to species) create "sacs" containing zygotes that will in turn become flagellated gametes, then release from the sac, and eventually settle down somewhere in the tank to become a new tubeworm. The online...
  10. J

I take it that was just a guess. It was completely clear and he secreted it I believe. It has gathered a little debris from the tank. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice. Unless you have somehow tested this kind of thing before, I don't think that's right. I appreciate the try though.
  11. J

Re: New from North Florida - 12 Gallon Aquapod (Really this time- Pictures!) The tank has been somewhat established for about 3.5 years. The person who had it before me really didn't take care of it. they left the light on for three days straight and asked me to go over and feed the fish...
  12. J

Hey Everyone, I noticed today that one of my small feather dusters has produced this jelly out of his tube that encases the top of in now. inside the jelly I can see hundreds of little white dots. Are these eggs? Has anyone seen this before. Picture Below Thanks> Josh
  13. J

Can anyone tell me how you post pictures in the message? I accidentally posted 2 replies to myself already. I'm learning. might as well do it in the meet and greet area right? lol
  14. J

I'm actually in Tallahassee. I presume Atlantic Beach is N or S of St. Augustine?
  15. J

I'm actually in Tallahassee. I'm going to school for biology here (just started basically, crossover from medicine)
  16. J

Hi Everyone, I'm glad to be joining such a great community as the "Reef People" Almost a different breed of people. The kind of people who are actually interested when you tell them you have a saltwater reef tank. Lol Anyway, I'm new at learning the lingo. I'm just starting to figured...
  17. Tank (26 February 2009)

Tank (26 February 2009)

12 Gallon Aquapod 20 +/- Pounds of Live Rock 1 Ocellaris Clown 1 Percula Clown 1 Fire Shrimp 1 White Sebea Anemone (10+ Polyps) Brown and Pink Zoanthids ? (4 polyps) Ring of Fire (5 polyps) Yellow Stone (4 polyps) Blue and Green Zoa's ? (Hundreds) Star Polyps 1 Large Feather...
  18. Tank (26 February 2009)

Tank (26 February 2009)

12 Gallon Aquapod 20 +/- Pounds of Live Rock 1 Ocellaris Clown 1 Percula Clown 1 Fire Shrimp 1 White Sebea Anemone (10+ Polyps) Brown and Pink Zoanthids ? (4 polyps) Ring of Fire (5 polyps) Yellow Stone (4 polyps) Blue and Green Zoa's ? (Hundreds) Star Polyps 1 Large Feather...
  19. Tank (26 February 2009)

Tank (26 February 2009)

20. Tank (26 February 2009)

Tank (26 February 2009)