New from North Florida - 12 Gallon Aquapod (Pictures!)

jerobinson

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to be joining such a great community as the "Reef People" Almost a different breed of people. The kind of people who are actually interested when you tell them you have a saltwater reef tank. Lol Anyway, I'm new at learning the lingo. I'm just starting to figured out what the heck SPS and LPS means and all that stuff. If you want to know what I have: Here goes..
? at the end means I'm not sure of the exact name.

12 Gallon Aquapod

20 +/- Pounds of Live Rock
1 Ocellaris Clown
1 Percula Clown
1 Fire Shrimp
1 White Sebea Anemone
(10+ Polyps) Brown and Pink Zoanthids ?
(4 polyps) Ring of Fire
(5 polyps) Yellow Stone
(4 polyps) Blue and Green Zoa's ?
(Hundreds) Star Polyps
1 Large Feather Duster
10 Small Feather Dusters
2 Mushrooms ?

jgking21

Hello and Welcome! I'm in North Florida also, Atlantic Beach. I joined a little while back and everyone gives great information!

jerobinson

I'm actually in Tallahassee. I'm going to school for biology here (just started basically, crossover from medicine)

jerobinson

Can anyone tell me how you post pictures in the message? I accidentally posted 2 replies to myself already. I'm learning. might as well do it in the meet and greet area right? lol

jgking21

AB is north of St. Augustine, its part of the Jacksonville Beaches. Good luck with school, but GO GATORS!

yungreefer2410

the seabae are supposed to be brown not white as far as i know. also nano cubes don't come with enough light stock unless you have the mh (metal halide) upgrade. how old is the tank? also i'm in destin. still 2 hours or so away though

jerobinson

Re: New from North Florida - 12 Gallon Aquapod (Really this time- Pictures!)

The tank has been somewhat established for about 3.5 years. The person who had it before me really didn't take care of it. they left the light on for three days straight and asked me to go over and feed the fish. the tank was about 90 degrees F. One of the clowns had actually committed suicide in the filter trying to cool off. we kind of saved it from complete devastation. I understand about the sebea. I'm going to trade it out eventually but we have had it for over a year and it's still here. Our supplier and friends all think he's doing okay. we take good care of him. Thanks for the concern though. I know they live forever in the wild.

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

jerobinson

Here are a couple more pictures. The anemone is kind of difficult to see against the white backdrop of the rock he nestled into, but you can still see him.

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg