Search results

1. FishNerd

Lighting opinion/experience

should I run one Kelvin level throughout day or mix it up? I start day at 20k then raise to 12k then 10k around mid day and then back down. I keep UV at 100% though each. I am also considering incorporating a 6500k period for an hour or so around mid day. Any thoughts or opinions on what I have...
  2. FishNerd

Skimmer for sale.

Aqua C EV120 with JG speed fitting.
  3. FishNerd

HELP! Lighting and Algae

Anyone have a good schedule for the Gen 3? I have been searching everywhere looking for help. Tank has been running for about 7 months. I am running on the traditional template at 10% as of now for lack of better options. The coral radiance gave me a hair algae outbreak. I currently have a brown...
  4. FishNerd

Ecotech Gen 3 Pro Templates/Algae Issues

Anyone have a good schedule for the Gen 3? I have been searching everywhere looking for help. Tank has been running for about 7 months. I am running on the traditional template at 10% as of now for lack of better options. The coral radiance gave me a hair algae outbreak. I currently have a brown...
  5. FishNerd

To reactor or not to reactor that is the question.

Ok, I am setting up a 100 gallon system with a 30 gallon sump. It is getting close to completion. I want to do a healthy mix of hard and soft corals. So, should I get a calcium reactor, kalkwasser, dose or not worry about it? I will be doing 10-20% weekly water changes. So what are everyone's...
  6. FishNerd

Fish not eating.

I have a 5 year old TR Percula that is not eating. He looks healthy is the only fish in an established reef with consistent water quality. Anyone have similar experience anything I can try? I'm feeding rods reef food as usual, he is normally an aggressive eater. The last two days he shows no...
  7. FishNerd

Sponge?

Good, bad or ugly?
  8. FishNerd

Xenia Removal/Free to good home!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone tips on removing Xenia without harming them? As A side note if you live near Lafayette La, I will be offering them free to a good home. They are growing too fast for my tank and I need to cull the heard a little.
  9. FishNerd

14G BioCube Canopy MOD

I have had this tank up for a little over three years; it hardly resembles the Biocube I purchased at my LFS. The LED's are most likely to be my last modifications to this tank. I will be moving and integrating this into a larger setup.
  10. FishNerd

Reef Temperature

What temperature do you think is best for your reef tanks?
  11. FishNerd

Salinity

Where do you keep your salinity on reef tanks?
  12. FishNerd

14g Bio Cube 70w HQI Photos.

I was bored and wanted to try photography. Let me know what you think.
  13. FishNerd

Break down and clean.

I have sold my 14g Biocube livestock. The tank was running for three years and I was wondering what was the best way to remove all of the coraline and any salt from the system and pumps?
  14. FishNerd

Chalice Agressive?

I cannot find a straight answer on the net. Anyone have experience?
  15. FishNerd

70w HQI

Well it is allittle late now but I just purchased a 70W HQI for my 14g Bio cube, the bulb is 14000K. My question is which is better 10000K or 14000K? I was in a pinch and bought it, I needed to upgrade there was an electrical issue with the stock hood and this was my best option. I am just...
  16. FishNerd

Crab good or bad????

Ok so I spotted him while doing a feeding. I saw pointed claws and went on the war path. I am not a killer by any means I HATE to do it. I tore apart my whole tank to get him. I have lost a signal goby, six line wrasse, watchman goby, and a fire fish. I never found any bodies except the yellow...
  17. FishNerd

Halogen??

Can you use halogen lights on a nano reef?
  18. FishNerd

Best BTA food?

Alright it's opinion time.... What is the best food for a small BTA? I have use small chunks of silversides, Mysis, and brine. I oddly enough seems to enjoy small bits of formula one???? Is this ok, should I try something else?
  19. FishNerd

14g Bio cube W/ Livestock

Is there anyone in the Chicago land area looking for a nano reef?? I am leaving in September for commercial diving school and I must part with it :cry1: For Sale: 14G Bio Cube w/Stand Oceanic Protein Skimmer Korala 1 Power Head 15w Stealth Heater Thermometer 18lbs Fiji Live Rock...
  20. FishNerd

Encrusting gorgonian?

About one year ago I got an awesome hitchhiker, a pink encrusting gorgonian. It has always been healthy and grown rapidly with no support from me. As of two days ago the tentacles have stopped coming out. I have observed no color changes besides a glass like appearance of the plate. My tank...