Search results

1. CharlieHustle

Frogspawn Health

Hey RS, I am wondering if my new frogspawn is dunzo. Is it pretty safe to say that when you can see its skeleton its dead? It still has a little flesh but I can see its skeleton coming through. Also if this head does die, it is possible for it to come back if there is still a healthy head...
  2. CharlieHustle

Adding Rock to Established Tank

Hi RS, I have had a healthy tank running for about 5 months now. I want to add more rock so I can have more spots for corals and make my DT a little more eye catching. My question is: If I add dead, dry rock will it cause another cycle?
  3. CharlieHustle

Controlling Temperature

Hi RS, As some of you may know I experienced a water temperature related crisis about 2 weeks ago. I have an Aquapod 24 and unfortunately it got up over 92*. Killed my frogspawn, open brain and my acans :-(. When I got home from work it was too late. Since then I have purchased an AC...
  4. CharlieHustle

USS Vandenberg Sunk To Create Artificial Reef In Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMqbuceVyHo
  5. CharlieHustle

How do you Heal Damaged Corals??

I have been searching google all day for an answer. Anyone have any tips to save damaged corals? I had a temperature spike today. I didn't watch my tank temp as the air temp hit 90. It hurt my frogspawn pretty bad and my acans are barely clinging to life. I can see damaged areas on my open...
  6. CharlieHustle

Help!!!!

Please help me I don't know whats HAPPENING!!!! Came home from work yesterday and my Frogspawn has detached and is all sucked in, my acans are all sucked in and the brain looks like its dying. A fire fish goby and skunk shrimp were dead too. Recordia are shriveled too. The Zoos I have look...
  7. CharlieHustle

Sapphire Aquatic AP24 Skimmer Question

So i just installed the sapphire aquatic ap24 skimmer on my Aquapod 24. So far its been great. Got a ton of junk out of my water in just 24hrs. What I am wondering about is the return pump. I want to upgrade my stock pump to a Maxijet 1200 but I dont think that water level in the back chamber...
  8. CharlieHustle

Looking for Open Brain

Anyone in the New England area for pick up or beyond. Have any small frags of open brain. Preferably Red with green inside unless you have something else exotic. I will pay for frag/shipping etc if you are outside the New England Area. I live in Boston so let me know!! I have been patiently...
  9. CharlieHustle

Lost Frags!!!?!?!!

Hey everyone, I set up a tupperware party(putting the unmounted frags with shells or small rocks to let them latch on) for some unmounted frags of chili coral and devils hand I got off a friend. I made sure they were in a low flow part of the tank so they wouldn't get blasted out and...
  10. CharlieHustle

Watchman and Shrimp... Best Combo?

Hi everyone, I have been slowly adding fish and I am pretty sure my next addition is going to be a yellow watchman goby. I know that they pair up with shrimp. I am just curious if there is any particular pistol shrimp that they pair up with best. Candy cane, yellow....etc? Thanks
  11. CharlieHustle

Skimmer/glue Question

I just got my AP24 Sapphire Aquatic Skimmer and tested it out. When I pulled it out of my bucket I noticed a very small leak. Is that a problem? Should the housing be water tight? Also the gate guides were snapped. Would it be harmful to use superglue to fix those? Thanks for your help!!!
  12. CharlieHustle

Nanotuners Shipped my Skimmer

Woo Hoo!!!! I got an email confirmation that my AP24 skimmer has shipped after 3 months of waiting.
  13. CharlieHustle

How Hot do PC's get?

Hi All, I have an AP24 with PC's and I was just wondering how hot they get. I just set up my tank and after 10 days 1 of the fans seems to be acting up. This has made me paranoid about leaving the lights on when I'm at work. Don't worry I don't have any coral or anything needing lights...
  14. CharlieHustle

Aquapod 24 Journal

Hello everyone. Just started an Aquapod 24 5 days ago. I went to my LFS today and got my cleaning crew. Emerald Crab Scarlett Reef Hermit Left Handed hermit Mexican Red Leg Blue Leg Nerite Margarita Ceritu Nassarius Mexican Turbo I also have 25lbs live rock and 20lbs of live...
  15. CharlieHustle

Nanotuners.com

Has anyone bought from them lately? I just bought a nanoskimmer ap24g from them but my order confirmation email says I bought something else. I tried to call both the numbers on the site but no answer..... one was disconnected. If anyone has any info about them I would greatly appreciate it...
  16. CharlieHustle

Starting the Madness!!!!!

Hi All, Just bought an Aquapod 24 on Saturday!!! I get to pick it up today. I have kept freshwater fish forever and I always have been interested in Reefs. After years of drooling over my uncles tank I finally bought one. I just want to know if anyone has used this setup and has a tweaks...