Search results

1. A

return pump with spraybar

just wondering if any can tell my how big and what type of pump i would need for return from my sump and going to a spray bar about 12" down into my tank. would like to spray behind my live rock to keep a good flow going my tank is 77g and sump is 25 g and i'm going to be using a 1" overflow pipe
  2. A

sump and pump

hey all, i have a 77g reef tank and i'm planning on setting up a 30g sump/refug. so any tips for set up and return pump would be great, also what to put in it would help.
  3. A

dead fish

i have a problem, the other day most of my fish died out of the blue. i lost a yellow tang, a clown tang, 3 chromis, 2 damsels, 3 cleaner wrasse and all my shrimp, 3 cleaners and 2 peppermint. i checked all the water perameters and everything is good there, cal was a bit low 7.9 my two...
  4. A

going to give it a try

hey i was thinking of fraging a colt coral and a pom pom zania, wondering what is the best way to do this. and how to hold them on to the rocks.
  5. A

hmmm

hey what would cause my zoos to go from looking great one day to looking like it has died right back the next, water chem. is good but ph is a bit low ( like 8-8.1 ish ) A few of them just look like there closed up and some look ok, but others look to be dead and loose like they may fall...
  6. A

ick

i think i may have some ick on two of my damsels, what is the best way to get rid of it without killing crabs and shrimp.
  7. A

water temp.

is 78.5 - to 81.0 f to hot
  8. A

red algae

What is the best way to get rid of red algae, i dropped the lighting back to about 7hrs and feeding to every other day, but still have the red algae. also what makes it change look clear-ish after the lights go out.
  9. A

hmmm

what is this
  10. A

foggy glass

if i have to clean the inside of the glass every two or three days do i have a problem coming on or is this normal, its a green fog that covers the glass. any suggetions would help. :drown:
  11. A

post reply alerts

maybe a post reply alert for posts you one may have forgoten
  12. A

how much is to much

just wondering if there is a best way to set up water pumps and if its possible to have to much water movement :hug1:
  13. A

best tubes to pick

i have a 8 tube t5 48in, light fixture and was wondering what the best bulb selection would be, the fixture is a sun system tek light with two seperate plugs 4 tubes each ( the 4 center and 4 outsides ). it is for a 77g reef tank that i want to grow lots of corals in
  14. A

hey all:wave: . i'm just new to the saltwater aquarium hobby, but messed around with fresh water for years. my tank is a 77g reef with 2 colt corals, 2 pom poms a tongue coral, 2 star corals a brain coral, a tube anemone,2 clown fish,3 blue chromis, 2 damsels, 3 peppermint shrimp and a hand full...