foggy glass

allen

if i have to clean the inside of the glass every two or three days do i have a problem coming on or is this normal, its a green fog that covers the glass. any suggetions would help. :drown:

jjohnson3

If your tank is still fairly young then it is totally normal. I clean my glass every other day to keep algae from encrusting on it...lol. Your good and I think even when your t

funkpolice

what are your phosphate levels, lighting duration, and tank temp.? I wouldn't say two or three days is really bad, but it could be better. I use my mag float once a week.
bill

new reefer 03

just buy some snails to help maintain it ( assuming your tank has cycled ). its probably just the normal film algae that covers it, i scrape mine every week or so. latlely i havent been cleaning it to feed my snails :)

lcstorc

Sounds normal to me. I give mine a wipe every couple of days and scrape corraline at least once a week.
The fun part is seeing the tang "kisses" in the film.

jjohnson3

Tang kisses? Well, they do love their algae...lol. They are kinda like spiders...but they look much better and im not afraid of a tang...unless it tries to hook me with its tangs lol(the white parts on their body between the tail and body).

allen

what are your phosphate levels, lighting duration, and tank temp.? I wouldn't say two or three days is really bad, but it could be better. I use my mag float once a week.
bill
not sure about phosphates, but lights go in 1 set 11:45 am and off at 9:30pm and the other is on at 2:00pm and off at 10:45pm temp is about 76.5 at night and 78-79 during the day.

allen

phosphate was between 0.25 and 0.50

also one other thing during the day like between 4 and 6 hrs after the lights come on i get lots of little air bubbles all over the place what would this be from

funkpolice

I would look at ways to lower phosphates. use only ro/di water, rinse food, maintain proper ph. Like others said, cleaning the glass every couple days isn't so bad. I've heard that older bulbs can cause algea as well. I'm not sure about the bubbles, but I think it could be cyano or dinos, but wait for a more positive response from someone else.