Search results

1. bandr1002

Christmas Wrasse

Reef safe or not? Does anyone have experience with a Christmas Wrasse in their reef? If so, pros and cons? I have read that they are a "with caution" fish for the reef.
  2. bandr1002

anthias?

i just picked up a male lyertail anthias today. he has been in the tank for a few hours and is already out and about, eating, and doing fine. my ? is this.... would it be a problem for the anthias if i were to throw a blue jaw triggerfish in with him? has anyone here done this before and what...
  3. bandr1002

another diamond watchman???

i have been doing research on the diamond watchman goby, and i am finding that most websites say that they are an easy care level fish. on the forums however, i am finding that people say they starve to death in there systems. which is it? are they easy to keep for prolonged periods of time...
  4. bandr1002

sandsifting ????

well, i just picked up a diamond watchman this eve and i am really stoked about the churning of my sand. with that said.............. now that my sand is getting turned, my tank is very cloudy. so i have a quick ?. will the cloudy tank ever go back to not so cloudy? i do not have a sugar...
  5. bandr1002

the latest and greatest (pics)

well, once again i have spent way too much money. lol. however all were worth the pennies IMO....... my newest additions sweet tart acans closed maze insane milleapora (bottom left) more acans some new rics and one harley lol
  6. bandr1002

if a foxface dies?

so i have a foxface rabbit fish that is not looking so good. my question is this.... if it dies and the clean up crew starts doing what they do best, will this hurt the cleaning crew? i only ask because the foxface is a venomus species. anyone have experience with this.
  7. bandr1002

my newest love!

need i say more.................. i am looking forward to a few more different frags of the acans. so far i have about three or four more frags lined up for purchase! i can't wait!
  8. bandr1002

still no bubbles?

not sure if you all remember the day i purchased this it was a while back (four months or so ago). i am not sure y, but i have a bubble tipped anemone that never has bubbles. the day i brought it home it was all bubbled up, and since then (no matter when i feed it) i have never seen it bubble...
  9. bandr1002

check out my newest eye candy!

well, like most of us i have discovered that one coral that i "must have". ACANS. all of em, i must get more! lol as if this damn hobby didn't cost enough. :hug1: this is me hugging all the acans of the world. lol anyway, i picked up this piece tonight and wanted to share.....
  10. bandr1002

acan ???

in regards to growth, are acans an encrusting coral? if i simply place the frag on the substrate, will they grow happy? or, do they need to be place on a rock and grow over it? got two new frags of acan (my first), and i am planning on a third frag next week.
  11. bandr1002

Sun Coral Owners

Is it ok to place sun coral under direct light in the middle of a 75 gallon tank? I am running 6@54 Watt Tek t-5... Will this hurt it?
  12. bandr1002

birthday corals!!!

well, i just scored some new stuff for only 30 bucks and a small niger trigger i scored 5 frags! sooooooooo stoked i scored me some frags for soooooo cheap! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! both frags in this pic are new.... and my personal favorite only a few bucks for this...
  13. bandr1002

rose tip doing great!

well, i picked up my first anemone brob about 5-6 weeks ago. was not sure how it would work out as i have never had an anemone before, but i gotta tell ya.... I LOVE IT! first pic is five minutes after i put it in the tank....... next pic is about a week or so in...... (i was...
  14. bandr1002

and one more beauty!

about 3 days ago i wound up at the LFS (surprise surprise) and i wound up picking up a fish that i thought i would never own.......... that's correct the copper banded butterfly. the only reason that i went ahead with this particular purchase was because i was able to see it eat frozen foods...
  15. bandr1002

new trigger

well, i have heard mixed reviews on the niger trigger. so far so good. i went and got one and he is about 3 inches at the moment. has a great disposition, and eats well. even goes for the occasional cleaning from the two cleaner shrimp. yes he is in a reef, and i may or may not regret this...
  16. bandr1002

rbta and sperlina

so my rose is doing great, i have decided that since it has a host tomatoe that i would no longer need to spot feed it. however, the tomatoe is feeding it spurlina that is mixed in the diet. will this bubble actually eat it? is this even good for it? should i continue to spot feed it once a...
  17. bandr1002

lobo ?

do lobo's pout? i have a red lobo that has been doing great, seeing growth and spot feeding once a week. My avatar. yesterday i noticed that it shrivled up like a prune and has been that way for more than 24 hours. is this normal? nothing has changed in my tank and all parameters are...
  18. bandr1002

ro/di unit

need some advice in what to look for and what to stay away from. i am not wanting to spend too much, maybe around 200 and not much more. i am sick and tired of paying for my water. and lucky for me the water bill is included in my rent. so having said all that............. i am needing help...
  19. bandr1002

substrate change?

have a question about substrate, will it hurt the system if i were to change out my substrate? i have a well established 75 gal tank that has 12 nassarius snails and a sand sifting star in it. i am more concerned about the star fish than anything. would it bother him if i were to switch out...
  20. bandr1002

lunar???

just a brain fart......... would a strand of christmas tree lights work for lunars?