Search results

1. bandr1002

predator tank

tusk is the fish you speak of. it is a non reef safe wrasse. harliquin tusk. gets 10 inches or so and is a very stunning fish to watch.
  2. bandr1002

Trigger tankmates

dude that link to the triggerfish says that a min tank size for a picasso is a 20 gallon. not sure that a 10 inch fish will fit in a 20 gallon unless it is dead. lol
  3. bandr1002

the latest and greatest (pics)

thanks all! and yes that is y i purchased the halrey shrimp. my stars were so out of control it was unbearable!
  4. bandr1002

which is a good wrasse

that is a beautiful fish. is he as aggresive as the six line?
  5. bandr1002

another diamond watchman???

EAT ATE! nt half an hour after my last post, i went to feed the tank and the big guy filled up! i am soooo stoked. now i am waiting for the tank to clear up a bit more, and i will be stoked!
  6. bandr1002

which is a good wrasse

pic? what is a blue fairy wrasse?
  7. bandr1002

which is a good wrasse

Wrasse Fish for Sale: Cleaner Wrasse and other Reef Safe Wrasse Species all you may need to know is right here. hope this helps.
  8. bandr1002

What kind of other fish can I keep??

i would not under any curcamstance put a damsel in my system ever again. just my 2 cents on that fish. as for a few you could add. i agree with the flame angel. if you don't want to spend that much though you could get a coral beauty, rusty angel, and of course there is also the potters...
  9. bandr1002

still have not seen it eat a thing! i hope that he eats prepaired foods soon!
  10. bandr1002

Christmas Wrasse

Reef safe or not? Does anyone have experience with a Christmas Wrasse in their reef? If so, pros and cons? I have read that they are a "with caution" fish for the reef.
  11. bandr1002

anthias?

not asking ones opinions on overstocking a tank. has anyone had a blue jaw triggerfish living in harmony with a lyretail anthias. i have had two tangs and a trigger in a 75 before and all was well. with the appropriate skimmer and water changes all was good.
  12. bandr1002

anthias?

i just picked up a male lyertail anthias today. he has been in the tank for a few hours and is already out and about, eating, and doing fine. my ? is this.... would it be a problem for the anthias if i were to throw a blue jaw triggerfish in with him? has anyone here done this before and what...
  13. bandr1002

Fish ok together?

they are all sold cheap at the fish stores.
  14. bandr1002

the tank is completely covered, i put a canopy on it and used eggcrate to cover the back. then i zip tied the fans to the back of the eggcrate. sealed tight and running cool.
  15. bandr1002

Fish ok together?

i would agree, it does depend on the size of your tank. as for the damsel's i would never ever under any surcumstance get one of those little punks again. i had a yellow tail damsel that chased my trigger out of the tank. woke up and found my blue jaw on the floor. after that he beat up a...
  16. bandr1002

thanks all for the info, i still can't seem to get him to eat frozen. maybe he is eating bugs out of the sand (i do have quite a bit of em). love the little guy though and here is what he has done to my tank as of yet. this is by far the cleanest my sand has ever been! great fish!
  17. bandr1002

question about Triggers....

love all triggers, i only with the huma huma was reef safe, but there is no way i would dare try lol
  18. bandr1002

my blue jaw was a sweet heart. he never once ever tried to go after my hand. he got along great with tank mates. as for the other two, i have never owned them. my best friend owns a pink tail (my second fav), and he was an aggresive eater, but never took a bite of the hand that feeds...
  19. bandr1002

there are a few that are reef safe. my personal fav is the blue jaw triggerfish. you could also get a pink tail triggerfish or a sargasim triggerfish. just make sure that all of your shrimp are introduced first.
  20. bandr1002

i have been doing research on the diamond watchman goby, and i am finding that most websites say that they are an easy care level fish. on the forums however, i am finding that people say they starve to death in there systems. which is it? are they easy to keep for prolonged periods of time...