another diamond watchman???

bandr1002

i have been doing research on the diamond watchman goby, and i am finding that most websites say that they are an easy care level fish. on the forums however, i am finding that people say they starve to death in there systems. which is it? are they easy to keep for prolonged periods of time, or do they just wither away? anyone here have one for longer than a year?

lcstorc

I don't have one, but I have heard good things about them.
No personal experdience so consider this a bump :)

Rhodes19

I had one for about a year before he went carpet surfing. :( They are a great fish to have and I never had a problem with him not eating. When he wasn't eating off the bottom, he would eat the flake food I served as well as frozen. During the time I had him he grew as well. The only goby I have heard about starving was the mandarin goby. I belive the only thing they will eat are copapods. HTH.

thearnley

I love my diamond goby. I had one for over a year before I accidently imported a gorilla crab in a piece of live rock. I've got a new one now - does a great job on my sand bed. Eats mysis shrimp, brine shrimp and anything else I feed to the other fish. Have never seen him swim more than 2 inches of the bottom. Digs a lot of holes under my rocks but so far hasn't hurt anything.

bandr1002

thanks all for the info, i still can't seem to get him to eat frozen. maybe he is eating bugs out of the sand (i do have quite a bit of em).
love the little guy though and here is what he has done to my tank as of yet.
100_1553.jpg

100_1562.jpg

this is by far the cleanest my sand has ever been! great fish!

Jeremy0322

awesome fish, usually if the tank is big enough and there is not a whole lot of competition they will be just fine, but please make sure it is a covered tank, they like being air born more than most birds sadly.

bandr1002

the tank is completely covered, i put a canopy on it and used eggcrate to cover the back. then i zip tied the fans to the back of the eggcrate. sealed tight and running cool.

Cortez

one of these was the third addition to my tank cuz i was tired to sifting the sand to clean it. looked up what fish was best at it and he is by far the best. my sand is always white and with no leftovers on it... +1 mine eats like a pig too, wont let anything circle the tank twice....

bandr1002

EAT ATE! nt half an hour after my last post, i went to feed the tank and the big guy filled up! i am soooo stoked. now i am waiting for the tank to clear up a bit more, and i will be stoked!