Search results

1. LittleJester

how to place live rock succesfully

I echo everything I ';ve seen so far. I would also take it all out and start from scratch. But instead of the egg crate I would use plexi or fiberglass rods. What I did was buy a masonry drill. set the rock up the way I thought I would like it and then drilled holes into the bottoms of the rock...
  2. LittleJester

HELP !! Media Rack and Tunze!!

I don't have a problem with space to put the tunze. It's just that the cup doesn't go in down far enough for me to close the cover. I have a new 130D and new 9002 I wonder if the size of the cup on the 9002 has changed.
  3. LittleJester

HELP !! Media Rack and Tunze!!

Shazzafly hope you don't mind I'm going to tag along and add a question if you don't mind. I just purchased a new 9002. I was going to replace the stock RSM skimmer with it in the back chamber. I was planing on using the magnet holder to hold it in place from the far left. I knew I would need to...
  4. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

OK, so that seems to be different then mine. I have a 130D I wonder if they made a change. You might want to check the voltage when the moon lights are on it might be lower with the load on. I doubt it but it's worth a shot. The video is impressive. To me that's a lot of light for the...
  5. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

Step one on in my post. "1) Take the cover off the tank. Turn it over and lay it down on something that will not scratch the top. Remove the 8 plastic screws that keep the bulb cover attached to the top and remove the cover and the 2 bulbs." I'm kind of surprised that your voltmetter was saying...
  6. LittleJester

Koralia question for the rsm 130?

I'll add my 2 Cents. I also put in a K2. It was way to much I have been using just the stock pumps for the past 3 weeks and they seem to be fine. I did add a Koralia rotating head to one of the pumps. That seems to be working very well. I might add a K nano on the right side and see how that works.
  7. My RSM 130

My RSM 130

8. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

RSM Moonlights Mod OK. I hope I can explain this so you can understand it with the pictures I took. I did this on my 130D I don't know if the 130 is different but it's probably close. 1) Take the cover off the tank. Turn it over and lay it down on something that will not scratch the top...
  9. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

I started to take some then got caught up in the mod and forgot. I will post the mod as best as I can. It probably will not be until Saturday because of my work schedule. I am using a Aquacontroller Jr. and an X-10 lamp control to run the moon lights. It automatically increases the intensity...
  10. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

12v DC. Thanks to steve for getting the schematics for me. Over the weekend I took apart my 130D cover. I switched out the leads to the moonlights with a 12V DC power supply ran the cable out the back through a small hole and now have the moonlights on a separate circuit that turns on and off...
  11. LittleJester

Stock 130D Skimmer in refugium

Oh well, I thought i'd ask. I wanted to eliminate the small amount of micro bubbles I'm getting with the skimmer on. And yes I have tried everything I could find on this site and others to get rid of them. Not many just a pain and something I'm not used to, I came from the large tank (150Gal)...
  12. LittleJester

Stock 130D Skimmer in refugium

Has anyone tried to pu the stock skimmer that comes with the 130 or 130D into a refugium. I have a 10 Gal. fuge in my stand the water level is 8" I'm thinking of trying to put the skimmer into that tank. Has anyone tried this and if so any luck? Thanks
  13. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

well my background is technology. I was hoping that someone has solved the issue. My tank is brand new and I didn't want to take the cover apart to try to figure it out, but if no one has done it yet I might be temped to give it a try. Steve, any chance of getting the wiring schematics of the cover?
  14. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

Yup, I know about that one, but you then have to turn them on or off manually. I guess I could turn them off every other night but that's not a very good solution and a pain. Has anyone figured out a way to by pass that switch and plug then into a timer or controller?
  15. LittleJester

RSM Moonlights

Steve I agree with you that the fish need total darkness for a period of time ( Everything I've read agrees). So given that why is the RSM system set so the blue lights (Night) are on for the whole time that the day lights are off, and there isn't a way to control the night lights. Is there a...
  16. LittleJester

Suggestions on new fish for RSM 130

So why hasn't anyone mention the Blue spotted Jaw fish. Great color doesn't hide and with the closed top jumping isn't an issue.
  17. LittleJester

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

There are a few more things I need to try. If I don't get good results, I'm going to move the Skimmer down under to my refugium. I'm not sure if anyone has done this but I think it should work. As an aside I am getting good skimmate from the RS skimmer.
  18. LittleJester

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

130D Latest pictures Here are some pictures of the tank. It is coming along nicely I think. Have some micro bubbles, but I'm working on getting rid of them trying one thing at a time.
  19. LittleJester

Water Change Question

This may sound silly but how do you do your water changes? I've had large tanks (150G) with large amounts on water in sump, fuge, and holding tanks (150G) so I would do a 30G water change and never needed to shut down the system I would just take and add the water to the holding tank. With the...
  20. LittleJester

Noisy Overflow question

I'm going to modify my plan for an overflow down to my fuge. I've read about using air tubing to quite down the noise in your overflow box. Can some one elaborate on how that is done. Thanks