HELP !! Media Rack and Tunze!!

shazzafly

Just about to fit the Tunze with the Steve T media rack. May being thick here but can someone answer these.
1. Does the Tunze sit on the far right hand side
2. Media Rack next to heater.
3. DO I take all other filter media out of tank i.e below powerheads.

A quick answer would be appreciated, as tanks in bits and my mind has gone blank !

Shazzafly hope you don't mind I'm going to tag along and add a question if you don't mind. I just purchased a new 9002. I was going to replace the stock RSM skimmer with it in the back chamber. I was planing on using the magnet holder to hold it in place from the far left. I knew I would need to remove the plastic cover from the electric portion but I did that anyway to put in a Korala mini pump. My issue When I tried to put the 9002 into the back chamber the skimmer cup was to big to fit down into the chamber. Has anyone found a solution for this problem. My guess is that Shazzafly will have the same cup size problem.

w00t

The best method I found was what StevieT did, and what was to glue the magnet on the back and mount the skimmer to the back of the tank. Then it's not in the way if when you need to change media, and you don't have to worry about mounting it to the heater pane. I wouldn't put anything below the pumps, with the rack it has all the space you need.

I don't have a problem with space to put the tunze. It's just that the cup doesn't go in down far enough for me to close the cover. I have a new 130D and new 9002 I wonder if the size of the cup on the 9002 has changed.

w00t

Yeah one of the ribs on the back cover was hitting the cup on mine, all I did was take a dremel and make a notch in the cup and now it closes fine.