Search results

1. dmyers557

Large Dendro Colony for sale!!! 20+ HEADS

Up for sale right now is a large Dendro Colony that I have had for 2 years now. They are very healthy and I am only selling them to get a new tank setup. They are going to be $340 shipped overnight to your door. That is cheap considering they usually cost $35 per head. Feel free to ask about the...
  2. dmyers557

Should I Pull Out The Ceramic Rings?????

I've had my ceramic rings in for 2 years now. I clean it every month or 2. I cant take out 1/2 then 1/2 again. Should I just pull them all out at once or leave them be? I really don't want them in as they don't do much good from what I hear. I am running the Tunze 9002 skimmer with StevieT media...
  3. dmyers557

NEW Aquavitro's Salinity salt by Seachem first impressions

I must say, this salt is soooooooo nice and thats coming from someone who never believes in hyped up stuff. My corals seem to love it and I don't have to dose 2 part is much as I was in the past. I love the fact that each batch is tested and it gives you the stats right on the bucket so you...
  4. dmyers557

Need pc to t5 help PLEASE!!!!

My plan is to take off the stock t5 lighting and put it into my outer orbit mh fixture with pc's. Is it possible to use the t5 bulbs and ballast and replace the pc's on my outer orbit with the t5's? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  5. dmyers557

Vortech Mp10 On The Way!!!!

OK, So its on its way!!! I will let everyone know how it works in the 130. If you already have one or recieve yours before me, please post up on how you like it.
  6. dmyers557

Anyone interested in MH lighting for RSM 130?????

I have the 24" Current USA Outer Orbit system that comes complete with 150 watt Metal Halide with upgraded IceCaps ballast, 2 x 65 watt pc's, and 4 led moonlights. To see it in action, check my RSM thread in my sig. Its on page 2. I am asking for 300 shipped anywhere in the USA!!!! PM ME or post...
  7. dmyers557

Chaeto, copepods, and mandarin help!!!!

I just bought a mandarin and was looking for some good help. I have the outer orbit lighting fixture with the tunze skimmer and media rack. So my plan is to put chaeto in the back, next to the skimmer and fill it with a bottle of copepods. Is this going to work for me? Any better idea's? Any...
  8. dmyers557

Tunze 9002 in RSM help

Where did you guys install yours? I put mine in the far right, but now don't have anywhere to put the sponges. Any suggestions, or do I have to get StevieT's media rack?
  9. dmyers557

Need Help Asap!!!

I have the RSM 130 and rinsed out my bioballs in saltwater. Since that time, I have had a cyano outbreak and it won't go away. Its been 2 weeks and 2 doses of slime remover and it still grows back thick. I cleaned out my protein skimmer and now I have a major micro bubble problem. Water params...
  10. dmyers557

What filter media to use?????

I am hearing alot of bad things (nitrates) about using the ceramic rings in our RSM's if its a reef setup. My question is what should I replace it with? Can I take it all out at once? Can I keep it and just rinse it off with the saltwater from my water changes? My tank has been running for 8...
  11. dmyers557

Dustin's RSM 130!!!!

So, for my wife and I's 1 year wedding anniversary, we decided to get a fish tank. We had no prior knowledge or experience about anything in this hobby. I have been reading and researching alot while my tank went through its first cycle. Used tap water to cycle because I did not know any better...