Search results

1. T

gluing rocks together

Which is a god glue for glueing rocks to each other underwater? i have a good aquascape going but snails keep pusshing my corals over, so i need to glue/cement the rocks they are growing on to larger rocks, is there a glue that works underwater or do i need to remove the rocks to glue them, then...
  2. T

Sand, Crushed coral, Bare bottom?

i just tried BB in my 12G, when the bottom gets dirty is REALLY shows, and it's an everyday job to keep it clean and looking nice, i have now put 3" of sand on the bottom, looks a lot better and much less work to keep it looking nice. Terry.
  3. T

Separate Sump tank and Refugium tank supporting multiple show tanks

I would tap off the water supply to the fuge from a skimmer output, what purer water can you get than freshly cleaned by the skimmer bubbles? Terry.
  4. T

Hi everyone...

Hi all, i am new to this site but am impressed by the forums and think i might get some help and make some friends here. i need to go to my page and get some personal details up, i hope there is a photo sectiopn as i have plenty of shots from my tanks to put up. Terry.
  5. T

hitchhiker crab

I have just set up a 12G using live rock from my 34G cube, i have 2 rock crabs living in the rockwork, i want to keep a watchman goby in the 12G, do you think the crabs will attack him or am i safe? i don't want to get rid of the crabs as they are really cool, they have red eyes and one of them...
  6. T

cycling

Hi Guys... I had my 12G BBT up and running just before christmas, it cycled good, then yesterday i hauled the live rock out and put 3" of sand in the bottom, then replaced the live rock, my question is do i now need to go through the cycling process again? Terry.
  7. T

Crabs Are Evil Society

I have a couple of quarter size rock crabs in my tank that came with live rock, i like them but am concerned they might attack my fish, i either catch them and take them to the LFS or move them to a tank of their own, what is the best way to catch a crab? Terry.
  8. T

water changes....

I am just starting to find out how beneficial water changes are, every time i do a water change, things happen, i get new growth and my polyps stand up and everything looks great, what is the best frequency, 10% per week or 20% every 2 weeks? i have a 34G 2 12G's and a 55G which i am currently...
  9. T

placement of two Koralia 3s in a 55g Reef ?

i am just setting up my 55G for mushroom polyps and Zoanthids, so i am going to use 2 Koralia #1's as i need a little current but just enough to flow gently around the animals and carry away detrius build up and carry fresh nutrients to them, i might try a couple of SPS's later though and i...