Search results

1. K

WTB: Reef Octopus XP 2000 Cone

Looking for a Octopus XP 2000 cone skimmer.
  2. K

Wtb: Apex controller

Looking for an apex controller, if you have one lmk. Thanks
  3. K

FS: 48'' Nova Extreme Pro

Selling a 6x54w- 48'' Nova Extreme Pro T5 fixture. It comes with bulbs but they would need to be replaced. You can play with the bulb combination though. Im asking $250 shipped. lmk if you need pics.
  4. K

powerhead magnet inside the tank?

i have a hydro koralia 6 in my tank and i want to position it a certain way. To do that, the magnet thats normally outside the tank holding the powerhead needs to be placed in the overflow so i can position the powerhead to my right side of the tank. my question is, will the magnet cause any...
  5. K

New Lights, cycle, need help!

I switched from 2x250w mh to 6x54w ATI t5 fixture. I was trying to take it slow and letting everything acclimate over 2 weeks but i guess i wasnt successful. My rocks are going brown, so is the sand. Looks to me like diatoms. I need some tips on how to get over with this cycle quick. The...
  6. K

WTB: 2 part dosing pump

Want to buy 2 part dosing pump. will pay shipping.
  7. K

mp20 to mp40 es?

i want to upgrade my mp20 to mp40w es. now is that possible? can i upgrade straight from the 20 to 40 es or would i have to upgrade to 40w and THEN to mp40wes? :help:
  8. K

how does ur rbta open?

I bought a 4-6" rbta a couple of weeks ago. I got it from a guy whose anemonie split and this was one of the babies. Now I placed the anem on a rock with a big hole in the middle and that rock is sitting on my sand bed. The rbtas tips are really bubbley but it wont open like I see it in other...
  9. K

Final Suggestions Needed! From T5 users!

My tank is 90 gal, mostly sps with few lps and softies at the bottom. I want to switch over to T5's completely.. Tank: 48x18x24 Im stuck between ATI 6x54 sunpower, 7 bulb aquatic Constellation or the ATI 8x54w sunpower. Do i need 8 bulbs or 6 is fine? I dont just want it to work, i want the...
  10. K

WTB: 48'' ATI 8x54w T5

Looking for an 8 bulb ATI T5 fixture Will pay for shipping Lmk if you have one for sale.
  11. K

MH not working with timer?

I finally sat down today to set up a timer for my MH fixture i got from someone. I think its an ebay fixture.. 2x25w + 4x54w T5. now the problem is, every time i plug the fixture plug into the timer.. ther MH part doesn't work/turn on. Th fixture has 3 different cords, 1 for the MH, 2nd for T5...
  12. K

mp40w problem

I woke up this morning and noticed my vortech mp40 wasn't working. I unplugged it and pluged it back in, it started flashing different colors. I did it again and this time it started to move the whole wet side slowly rather then the fan inside. repeated the same thing a couple of times and...
  13. K

Reef cleaners

Not like there is anything else to say except how good they are :dryer: Purchased a CUC for my 90 gal, john suggested me the perfect cuc. i dont buy stuff online much but Reef cleaners gave me all the confidence i needed :bouncer: Few of the more sensitive snails didnt make it but got a...
  14. K

Trying to Figure out my T5 Setup

I recently bought this reef setup that came with lights. They are mounted in the canopy. I am trying to figure out how good this setup is or if i need to upgrade. My 90gal setup is going to be sps dominated, so suggest me something that will keep those corals happy. This is the current...
  15. K

clownfish bad eye

right before coming to work, i noticed one of my clowns has a really swollen eye. I figured it was popeye or something along those lines. I can get a picture when i get home tonight but i wanted to see if i could get some help and pick up the medication on the way home. any ideas on what i...
  16. K

Smaller reflectors?

I was wondering if there are smaller reflectors that will do the same or better job then these. This way i can make some room to add maybe another bulb or some moon lights.
  17. K

Reverse Siphon

I just hooked up my ATO. the reservoir is sitting right next to the sump and the freshwater goes directly in the sump. After the pump shuts of, i feel that there is a very little reverse siphon. How can i stop this? i dont want another spill so i turned the ato off until i get something to stop...
  18. K

Reef safe fish?

before i get any fish i try to do as much research as possible to make sure i can care for it. What is the difference between reef safe and not reef safe and "add with caution"? I see people who keep the angles, triggers, butterflies in their tanks full of corals of all verities. Now are...
  19. K

How is Tek rated?

I have a canopy with 6x54w t5's mounted on it. I was thinking about getting the tek 8x54w t5's because i found a good deal on them. How good are these lights? Anyone has experience with them? I have a 4ft 90 gallon tank so i should be able to keep mostly any sps coral correct? the...
  20. K

Phosban Reactor

friend of mine just gave me a Phosban Reactor 150 . This is my first time with this equipment and want to know some basics. What exactly is this equipment used for and is it beneficial? He told me to change the media. Is the media expensive? Ill stop by my LFS tomorrow and get look for some...