Search results

1. islandcreation

I need your opinion on whats going on with my tunze nano wavebox

Here's the situation. I bought this tunze nano wavebox used. I setup and it clicks everytime, meaning its making a click sound like the impellars turns on and off. Is this common or should I ask for my money back. He stated he heard the click and called tunze and that its common and that it...
  2. islandcreation

Acan colonies and other corals for sale

Just had a daughter and making room in the display. Willing to ship at buyers expense, this is pretty cheap for a colony of acans and other frags pictured. Please click on each item to see pictures. If you have any questions please contact me. Thanks Here's the link: Modernreefkeeper Swap
  3. islandcreation

VHO ballast support T5 HO

I have a VHO ballast with 4 wires coming out which support two 110 vho bulbs. I want to switch to using only two 54 watt T5's. Since each wire set can handle 110 watt VHO, can a set handle two 54 wat T5's? It seems as if it should be okay? I've neever done this before, do you just connect the...
  4. islandcreation

Could this have been the problem for my breaker trip?

I noticed I had a huge dilemma for my tank room which stores my sump, frag tank, refugium. My 15 amp breaker kept tripping last night? I even stayed awake till 4am trying to figure it out, and even slept near the tank to hear if the water from the over flow stopped. You invest this much I...
  5. islandcreation

Need your input Large tank owners with seperate sumps.

I was trying to figure this out and what others are doing. I have my display tank in my living room with the sump refugium in the garage. Like with everyones setup I have everything in the sump heaters, probes, skimmer, top off etc.... My breaker went off in the garage for no apparent reason...
  6. islandcreation

Zoa/paly frag pack or seperate cheap

Just got the bill a month after I installed my frag tank. With the lights on and a new pump added it shot me to the next tier for electricity. I didn't know there were tiers! Anyways, I need to justify with my lady that this frag tank is worth it. So here some palys/zoas Shipping is $30.00 if...
  7. islandcreation

Islandcreations 120 starphire tank

Hello everyone, Been in this hobby for going on 7 years. Live in the Bay Area, part of Bay Area Reefers (BAR) and my local club northcoast reefers. My tank is a 120 starphire made by oceanic but now I want to upgrade. The tanks is plummed under the house to a 45 gallon sump, 75 gallon...
  8. islandcreation

Here to introduce myself....

:hallo: Hello everyone, I've been reefing for almost 7 years and have my highs and lows like everyone else. I started with a 5 gallon nano and currently have a 120 starphire plumbed to the garage. I'm here to help others and to learn more about this great hobby...