Search results

1. mbdave

Hardware for sale

I have a G-2 skimmer for sale I would sell for $55 I can ship but your cost. I live in Vallejo CA 94591. I have a Lifereef skimmer "things a real work horse I have to find out the # but runs off a mag 5 or y are :)6 and it skims very well. Pump included both for $70. I also have a few...
  2. mbdave

Check out a amazing video on monis!

Enjoy, Montipora (long version) on Vimeo Dave
  3. mbdave

Azoox tanks are amazing

Check this out Marcy’s reef is full of sweet azoox corals Enjoy, Dave
  4. mbdave

New style pellet reactor.

Curious to know if this would take "less pump". for the reactors now a huge pump is needed to operate which IMHO sucks. We will see, Check it out, Eductor powered biopellet reactor now available in the US Dave
  5. mbdave

I am in love again :)

I absolutely love S. Wilsonis!!! Symphyllia wilsoni is an amazing and rare coral from Australia Enjoy!!! Dave
  6. mbdave

Looking for CA Bay Area clownfish breeder!

I have a pair of UOM Blizzards. I believe the old gal is will soon be ready to spawn as the cleaning and dancing has started and well she is pretty fat. This will be the first and probably not real good but the second will follow. If you would like to get the clutches to raise we can work...
  7. mbdave

Red Sea Mg Magnesium Pro

Greetings from Dave, I just received my new RS Mag test kit and would like to give you all a review. When I un-packed it the Packaging impressed me with its, "well beautie?" Also it is a very professsional "looking" test kit. This actually makes me leery I sometimes feel they are covering up...
  8. mbdave

LPS food by Fauna Marin and fish.

I use this product periodically for my lps corals and can say I think it is a pretty good food for those. Now on another note when I have a new skinny fish, "like when I got my last pair of wild clowns" they were bland in color, skinny, not as active as I like, and well wild clowns. I started...
  9. mbdave

Ok shrimp it's over!

I sometimes surprise myself at the fact some things I can never learn? I have my third shrimp goby pair in my reef keeping life and of course want to end this one. The damage is getting expensive so this week the trapping will begin. If you are local Vallejo when its caught I will trade, give...
  10. mbdave

I am in love!!!

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Cycloseris tenuis That is sweet!!
  11. mbdave

Free sps frags in Vallejo

If you have the ability to keep sps and need a few small starter frags give me a pm. They are small, free, and unmounted. If you are starting sps I would like to help. If you are interested give me a PM. Dave
  12. mbdave

Look at the pic of the aquacultured frag..

Buy Fish Online: Buy Tropical Fish, WYSIWYG corals, clams and inverts online at the Diver's Den® Just amazing..
  13. mbdave

For free!!

Bay Area California reefers! I have some orange setosa, war coral, and purple cap, and depending on my moodI might have another. If you can get to my place prior to tomorrow afternoon I will give you some. I do not want to trade them to the LFS because they will just turn brown... So PM or reply...
  14. mbdave

Bio pellets

These things are now on my list of "must have" for an aquarium. I have a phosban reactor with the npx pellets on a 15 gallon with a pair of A. perculas, some inverts and rock, the only other filter is a box filter that "I heard could be cleaned" but I have yet to do so. Tested NO3 and PO4 today...
  15. mbdave

One of my favorite fish.

But this one is just awesome and I have spent my fish budget. :( Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Wetmorella nigropinnata
  16. mbdave

ReVive

Anyone ever use this? A friend of mine is giving me some way groovy frags this week and he said he had the acro eating flatworms in the past and told me to dip the corals in this? He is an extremely well versed reef hobbiest so I trust his judgement I just like to ask others also.
  17. mbdave

Fungia spawning

Here is a long video of my fungia spawning. Ignore the video until around 1:30 seconds and it will give a last (shot) shortly after. I caught it spawning a little late and by the time I got my little camera it was winding down. I think this is pretty cool because my small tank and the fungia is...
  18. mbdave

My try at a different rockscape

Hey all, I have rock scaped many, many aquariums but never tried a combination of foam and emaco "formerly Thorite". I wanted to share my experience as it goes so others can learn "if it goes OK:)" I will use the following supplies: My chop saw that has a diamond blade installed for cutting...
  19. mbdave

Iwasaki 20k DE 150w lamp

I have a Iwasaki 20k DE 150w lamp that I will trade straight up for a 10k DE 150w. I bought the 20k not thinking I'm growing seagrass and a 20k is the wrong lamp for that. This is just the bulb and mine is brand new never been burned. It doe's not have to be an iwasaki but not a no name. If you...
  20. mbdave

The refugium/ mangrove/ seagrass tank has arrived!

Ok I am officially overwhelmed those few that have followed my threads; http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/indepth-topics-disscussion/68296-my-new-experimental-tank.html http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/67799-take-oath-i-will-buy-only-farmed-clowns.html These will be...