Search results

1. tyleratl

Scratched RSM 250

Yes, replacing the glass is likely the only option. But, I've just never heard of anyone doing that with a Red Sea Max. The glass is curved in the front and that might make it more difficult to replace.
  2. tyleratl

Scratched RSM 250

The worst scratches are on the front glass. Maybe they will be less noticeable with time.
  3. tyleratl

Scratched RSM 250

I recently bought a used Red Sea Max 250 that had some scratches that I thought that I could buff out with cerium oxide. Unfortunately, it only seemed to make the scratches worse. Other than this, the tank is in excellent condition. I decided to put it into operation and just try to get over...
  4. tyleratl

Naso Tang Hiding for a week now!

I'm having the same problem with a Blue Hippo Tang. He's been in hiding under a rock in my 90 gallon ever since I brought him home four days ago! His color is good but he won't move from that one spot for anything. The other fish are all fine.
  5. tyleratl

130 or 130D?

For what it's worth, I drilled a small hole in the right side of my RSM protein skimmer cup. I then inserted the end of the skimmer air intake hose into the hole. This reduced the noise a lot for me. I also think it might have helped pull the skimmate up to the top. The other thing that I...
  6. tyleratl

My Red Sea Max 130 now on Ebay

Well, my new 90 gallon tank is up and running. I've drained the Red Sea Max and have listed it on Ebay for local pickup in Atlanta. The Ebay listing number is 270457369564.
  7. tyleratl

Selling my Red Sea Max 130

Yeah, current plans are to move everything to the new 90 gallon. If I decide to keep the RSM, I would need to obtain some more live rock or implement some other type of biological filtration such as what Red Sea ships with the RSM.
  8. tyleratl

Well, I ended up not buying the Oceanic 90 gallon bowfront because the guy that was selling it was not ready to let me take delivery. Instead, I bought a 90 gallon All Glass reef-ready tank with sump. I am still pondering what to do with my beloved RSM 130. The Seahorse idea that you guys...
  9. tyleratl

Wouldn't the flow in an RSM be too much for those poor little seahorses?
  10. tyleratl

Yes, it does come with a sump and Coralife protein skimmer. The dog toy should be included as I have an English Bulldog who would like it :goofy: . I changed my mind on selling my live rock, corals, and fish with my RSM. I'm just going to transfer them over to my new tank when I get it set...
  11. tyleratl

Thanks Terry. iWeb makes it pretty quick and easy! Dave, I saw the Tech tanks and agree. Beautiful. But, I have a little nook that I think would look even better with a bowfront. The negatives that I see are mainly lighting restrictions and depth. There are fewer options for lighting...
  12. tyleratl

Thanks guys!
  13. tyleratl

Well, I can no longer resist the urge to move up to a larger reef tank! My Red Sea Max has worked so well that there is no more room for anything else. I love the idea of an RSM 250, but I figure that I should now buy the largest tank that will fit in my condo. I've decided on an Oceanic 90...
  14. tyleratl

Suggestions on new fish for RSM 130

This is indeed a pretty fish, albeit a little harder to find than some of the other options.
  15. tyleratl

Well, we may have a winner then. The Bicolor Pseudochromis. One worry... there is a warning that this fish MAY go after ornamental shrimp. I have two peppermint shrimp and one Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. Will the Bicolor Pseudochromis be a risk to them?
  16. tyleratl

Well, I have a tank of fairly aggressive fish right now. I have a pair of juvenile Tomato Clowns and two yellow tail blue damsels. These four fish get along fine. The question is whether or not I need the more aggressive Psedochromis with these other four fish, or a more timid Royal Gramma.
  17. tyleratl

What about the Bicolor Pseudochromis versus the Royal Gramma? I love the coloring on both, both are reef friendly I believe. Which one?
  18. tyleratl

Thanks Michael. I really like the fish in the second photo and also the one in the fourth photo. As for the budget, anything under $35 would be best, but I would consider spending a bit more for the perfect fish.
  19. tyleratl

Yeah.. I just read that too. The Red Sea Max is a fully covered tank, so the jumping shouldn't be a problem.
  20. tyleratl

I like it! The Midas Blenney has a rich yellow color with blue around the eyes. From what I just read, it swims a bit like an eel and would do fine in my 34 gallon Red Sea Max reef tank. Any other suggestions out there?