Search results

1. F

Pics of everyone's sumps and refugiums!!

having a look at all these sumps makes me realise how basic a setup i have , there r some awesome setups here which makes my new sump harder to make i tried to upload my basic setup but having trouble with page
  2. F

Some tank shots

you have great colours in your tank, looks fantastic, great frogspawn mine looks nothing like that, great work
  3. F

Trapping a mantis?

the only way that i have caught mine so far is by listening to which rock they live in, sometimes you can see feelers coming from a hole, sometimes they clack at a passing which tells ya wot rock they live in. Remove the rock and dig em out, i have been told you can catch them in a trap, but i...
  4. F

filter for 290 gal reeftank

i have been given a approx 75 gal tank that i intend to turn into a sump for the 280 gal, there is just so many ways in which to go, i think i will just stay tuned and see wot is around, thank for yopur help mattie, Karma to you
  5. F

Trapping a mantis?

I had a mantis shrimp when i first setup my tank with live rock, i tried many times to catch him in the trap but they are too fast. I use to watch him at night, then found where it lived and dunked the rock in fresh water till it came out. the best way to know if it a mantis shrimp or pistol...
  6. F

mattie, i thought it was the best setup according to my LFS, but have since found this site and very different setups, that seem to work very well. i am reasonably happy with the sump but hate the overflow box. just realisied i had reef tank but it will be community :columbo:
  7. nov 04

nov 04

photo from maturing days
  8. nov 04

nov 04

photo from maturing days
  9. oct 04

oct 04

sump under 95gal
  10. F

it is an overflow box and relies on being full all the time, no holes are drilled in the tank. is it a better idea to have holes drilled in back or bottom of tank, im thinking in bottom and have overflow feeding two 2inch pipes in the sump & get rid of overflow box. im a bit worried about...
  11. F

i could get rid of the filter wool, but wot filters the crap out of the water
  12. F

i currently have a mixed tank of fish and corals that is about 95 gal. i have an overflow box on side of tank feeding the sump, it contains filter wool then the skimmer pumps over bioballs & ceramic rings then over a sand bed through base rock then to return pump. i have not experienced any...
  13. F

Temperature poll

my chiller turns on at 78 i live in queensland australia i need a chiller :drooool:
  14. F

Live rock problem

I thought that might of been the case but was unsure, better to be safe than sorry thanks for the advice
  15. F

Live rock problem

I have a 100L hospital tank were i keeping some live rock, my 2 regal tangs got white spot, put them in the hospital tank, treated tank with Cupramine by seachem, but now can i use live rock in main tank with corals and invertabrates, any advice would be much appreciated