Live rock problem

Fishmad

I have a 100L hospital tank were i keeping some live rock, my 2 regal tangs got white spot, put them in the hospital tank, treated tank with Cupramine by seachem, but now can i use live rock in main tank with corals and invertabrates, any advice would be much appreciated

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I agree with forestal you should NEVER use LR when you treat with copper, it would be fine to use in a FO tank but no inverts.

Ron of Triton

Copper & Reef tanks.

I would personaly never put the liverock that you treated with copper into any other reef tank. It will probably be toxic forever. Remember very small trace amounts of copper measured in parts per billion can be fatal to all the microscopic life forms on mature liverock! The EPA has banned any and all types of copper from being used any where minutely close to any body of water in the U.S. My 2 cents. "Ron of Triton"

Brucey

Out of interest, why are you keeping LR in a hospital tank. The whole idea of a hospital tank is to run in completely bare so you can disinfect it at any time. If you need to put some hiding places in, just use some plumbing parts. Then run a machanical filter with some filter media matured in with the odd slice of shrimp left to rot in the water. Much more cost effective than wasting LR
Brucey