Search results

1. M

OT: Music Flashbacks The 90s!

Well lately I been thinking about all those 90s songs that were the soundtrack to our life at that time and point. I started listing really great groups/songs from different bands and Iunno... it was kinda like... wow I was doing this when that song came out. Or Man I use to ride my bike and...
  2. M

Vote for RS!

Okay, this might not go here... iunno but here is the deal... I found this site where they rate reefing site/communities... RS is on the boards! But now needs votes! Click the link and please support RS and the community This is a good way to bring new ppl here and allow the community...
  3. M

Epoxy? Putty? Gel? Glue?

Here is the deal. I made this super nice rock structure in my new tank that I really like... but lets face it... it could come tumbling down at any moment. I had started a conversation about how to stick my LR together without removing it from the tank. I need to know if anyone knows of a reef...
  4. M

Mustang 3pc BBK pulley kit 96-mid 01 GT/Cobra & Broken Tank Scrubber

I want new lights for my tank so time to sell off some stuff. Donations are alway welcome too. Haha. Brand new in a sealed box... Mustang BBK Pulley Kit. Power Plus Series. 96-mid 01 GT/Cobra Adds 10-15 HP Increases Mileage Direct Bolt On, No Mods Needed. Part #1555 They sell on ebay and jegs...
  5. M

Blacking refuge dividers

I had a conversation with someone about making you're refuge dividers black. He told me of a dip or spray that would turn either the glass/acrylic/plexi black. I can't find the post or thread anywhere.... Anyone know of the stuff? Please post up. Thank you in advance.
  6. M

Vaseline?

Hi, Quick question... Wait.. Forgot.. Oh ya, now I remember. Is it safe to have vaseline in contact with you're salt water? Sounds dirty huh? Let me explain. You know that tube that comes out of the tank on most average skimmers and goes into the main body of the skimmer? Well you know...
  7. M

What the heck is THIS?!?!

I have had my tank and rock for a while now and was just thinking to myself... everyone talks about having worms and such but I dont have any... Well look what my dad JUST found in my tank crawling across the sand?!?! WTF is THAT? Should I kill it? I scooped it out of the tank.. I was scared...
  8. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Okay, so when it comes to salt water reef keeping, I generally fail. I learn things the hard way and I don't really have good luck with the critters that I have... but.... Check this out! Okay, I know it don't look like much but the lil piece of Blasto I got that had like 3 lil mouths...
  9. M

Hairy Scary Shrooms

A couple of months ago I bough a piece of rock that had these lil brownish green shrooms all over it along with some lil white ones as well. The LFS guy told me... oh those are hairy mushrooms... (He never actually saw them btw) The shrooms were fine and doing there thing but I noticed they...
  10. M

Cleaning Salt Suggestions

I hate dried salt on my stuff just like everyone else does but... My question is... The skimmer causes the water to splash slighty when re-entering the tank and has since splashed up on my bulbs. I wipe them off every week but wiping it just isn't enough.. I don't want to scrape them...